Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Some interesting pics from today's sortie, taken with an actual camera

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Did post a message on our WhatsApp group today suggesting some slack-country here in Serre Che but the OH was not too motivated. Then I looked up the valley towards the Galibier / Lautaret. It was not as forecast, not a cloud in the sky and the wind seemed relatively light, though expected it to be stronger up there, so suggested touring up there instead, to which she agreed that would be a better option.

Driving up there I soon became quite excited at the prospect, as yesterday I was skiing 20-30 of fresh and it looked like a blanket of snow had been deposited up there.

I'd decided to take my old Panasonic Lumix for a change, plus was hoping for some wildlife, but alas didn't see anything, though did hear the marmottes on the way down.

Looking up towards Pic Blanc du Galibier & Trois Evêchés

Pic Blanc

Trois Evêchés & Pic Blanc

Crête de Chaillol

And zoomed in, a group boot-packing up the ridge, the guys ski-touring below (image above) were not in the safest of positions under that face, which has gone quite often!

La Meije from Crête de Côte Plaine

Zoomed in

Once back down headed up to the Cafe at the Lautaret and there was quite a lot going on towards the Combeynot.

And a selection of tracks Toofy Grin

As for the ski-tour, was up there with one of the best of the season Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy