Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helly Hansen ski wear, has anyone tried it?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Never thought I’d say this but they have some really nice looking stuff in their range, albeit very expensive. Roughly on par with Arcteryx. Does the quality justify it?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I and my husband both have helly hanson jackets, love them, light weight warm and they seem to be very durable, my husband wears helly hanson for work and his work jacket has gone through some abuse, but it's still intact after four years hard labour.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@damanpunk, As a Ski "professional" I swear by the Men’s Alpha  LIFALOFT Insulated Ski Jacket as my go to pottering around the pistes when I'm not working. I replaced one last season after 5 years of hard wearing, only because the zip finally gave up the ghost. The rest of the jacket was still in great nick even after a few cycles a season through the wash.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seems to jeep the pisteurs in Chamonix happy enough.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all, need to keep a look out for a good deal now!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@damanpunk, sportpursuit.com have some fairly big discounts on HH stuff at the moment.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I love their LIFA merino base layers.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've got the Elevation shell jacket and the Sogn shell bib trousers (both from SportPursuit) and am very happy with both.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Okay quality but no where near Arc’teryx or it’s Norwegian competition Norrøna or Bergans of Norway if the price is the same. I bought my kids ski jackets and pant and they only last a year or two years max.

Warranty is also poor, only 2 year compared to the others, Arc’teryx: lifetime, Norrøna: 7 years, Bergans: 5 years and they do not offer repairs for out of warranty items.

But their merino wool underwear is great.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Spoon, I had a seam on a Norrona jacket fail after a week's light use. I've never had an issue with my HH gear and I've been using it for years. The Helly stuff is excellent quality IMO.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I had a HH jacket, bought in an outlet, for about 5 years. It was the best quality, and performing, ski jacket I’ve had (and there have been a lot…). I only changed it as I wanted to change colours, but sold it on eBay for not much less than I’d paid.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lifa/merino mix base layers are the best.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've got Odin Infinity shell jacket and a cheaper range Helly trews...
Both are bomb-proof - I use the jacket as a year-round mountaineering jacket too. Only things it lacks are snow skirt and arm liftpass pocket, though other Odin jackets do have those.
However, as Sport Pursuit only had the Odin World on extra-special price of £179 (down from £500!) I thought I could easily live without those things!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy