Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My other half's 40th in Tignes next week...

Poster: A snowHead
Better late than never to get a few things sorted...

It's my wife's 40th birthday on Easter Sunday. We arrive into Tignes Le Lac on Saturday. Never been to Tignes before so could do with some help.

Any hints and tips in any if the following appreciated?

1. Flower delivery possible?

2. Somewhere good for lunch on the mountain? Doesn't need to be Michelin fancy... just a decent experience ideally above the typical self service fare.

3. We'll have our kids from 2pm... any family friendly fun things to do? They're 8 and 4.5.

4. Evening meal restaurant recommendations that are family friendly enough to accommodate our fussy kids (I.e. chips)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Which bit of Tignes are you staying in?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Adam123 wrote:
. We arrive into Tignes Le Lac on Saturday.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
For an evening meal, check out Hotel Langley Tignes 2100 on Rue de la Poste. I was there for a week and the food was decent - although we had a set menu, the Restaurant's full menu is open to the public (and does decent Pizza). We found the staff helpful, friendly and accommodating.....and it isn't at all stuffy, but has a laid back atmosphere.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
red 27 wrote:
Adam123 wrote:
. We arrive into Tignes Le Lac on Saturday.

Oops Embarassed

In that case, the Bagus Cafe is worth considering for an evening meal:

https://en.baguscafetignes.com/

(I've not been since before covid.)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Panoramic on top of the motte for lunch.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For an evening meal I’ve heard very, very good things about La Queue de Cochon (Lavachet), and have had a pretty good meal this season in L’Escale Blanche (Lac). I suspect the latter (which I think does pizza) will be better for fussy kids with adventurous adults. Decent wine list, too.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You'll love Tignes @Adam123 Very Happy Some good suggestions so far for food and drink.

Quote:
any family friendly fun things to do? They're 8 and 4.5
Snow tubing at Tignes Val Claret?

On the money saving family front, you may be interested to know there's a nice picnic room next to the bottom of the Toviere gondola at Le Lac. It's warm and quite welcoming, with toilets, microwave and a kettle too. There are also nice picnic rooms at the bottom of the Les Brevieres gondola; bottom of La Daille gondola at Val D'Isere; and top of Saulire at Val D. The Saulire one is actually quite posh - comfy seating, spotless toilets, vending machines, microwave, panoramic windows with lovely views and a counter selling hot drinks and pastries etc.

There's also good value takeaway food, coffees etc at the supermarket near to the Palafour Chairlift - at the front of the big apartment block overlooking the lake. And excellent good value crepes from a takeaway hatch a couple of doors along from the supermarket. They do pizzas there too - but we haven't tried them.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Adam123,
No.3 - check what Evolution 2 have on offer. Picnic up by the Eye of the Needle if sunny & warm.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Adam123, Flower delivery - probably not.
Lunch without kids that is special - Lo Soli at the top of the Chaudannes Lift (there is a self service cafe style half as well).
Kids - Le Lagon in Lac has great slides into the pool and is free with a 6 day lift pass.
Numerous restos on an evening. Brasero in Lavachet for pizza, burger, steaks. Queue de Cochon - very varied for the adults, but they do have a kids menu (nuggets and chips kinda thing). Bagus is a cafe that is overpriced IMHO. If you want to treat the kids, La Ferme near the lower entrance to Lavachet is good as there is a glass wall into the stables with animals on show.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@chocksaway, Agree with your recommendations. And Lo Soli would be a good shout for lunch if the OP has to be back in 'Lac at 2pm to collect the kids.

Six of us ate in Bagus last week and we all enjoyed the offerings. It's a long time since we'd been in there, but, credit where it's due and all that.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thanks all - lots to go on there. Much appreciated
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Would second Brasero and Queue de Cochon.

Can't rave enough about Queue de Cochon, but it's fancier than you might be looking for with the kids, where as Brasero is spot on.

They're opposite each other, so easy enough to check them both out, also their happy hour deals handily overlap each other!

Activities that the kids might enjoy could include huskies pulling you around in a sledge around the other side of the lake, run by Evolution 2 I think
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Would second Brasero and Queue de Cochon

And they're both within about 50 mtrs of the bus stop.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
chocksaway wrote:
@Adam123, Flower delivery - probably not.
Lunch without kids that is special - Lo Soli at the top of the Chaudannes Lift (there is a self service cafe style half as well).
Kids - Le Lagon in Lac has great slides into the pool and is free with a 6 day lift pass.
Numerous restos on an evening. Brasero in Lavachet for pizza, burger, steaks. Queue de Cochon - very varied for the adults, but they do have a kids menu (nuggets and chips kinda thing). Bagus is a cafe that is overpriced IMHO. If you want to treat the kids, La Ferme near the lower entrance to Lavachet is good as there is a glass wall into the stables with animals on show.

Have to agree re: Bagus, and our pizza came up disturbingly fast, defo undercooked and uninventive topping selection, why oh why are places so afraid of spice, even the chilli oil had no fire to it.
latest report
Bin off the flowers - they’ll be manky and die quick up there. Buy her some posh new ski gloves

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 10-04-23 20:30; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Was in le lac at half term.

Niurou steakhouse was great

https://maps.app.goo.gl/rLmDEZFQ3qanyPum6

And just next to it Langley hotel was also good for pizza and bar.
snow conditions
Rounding back with thanks.

Such a great time had by all.

Above all, the Queue de Cochon recommendation really hit the spot. For anyone else considering this, just do it.

The food might be fancy, but the environment is nice and low key... much like a cosy pub with tables. My kids are super fussy, but we're glad to be served up the best quality homemade chicken nuggets they've ever had.

Getting carried away with the holiday good vibes, and a couple of good glasses of wine perhaps, but I dont think I could name a meal I've enjoyed more than the one I had there.
ski holidays
snowHead
snow report
@Adam123, Good to hear back from you and glad you enjoyed it.

The QDC is our "go to" watering hole, and it's also just around the corner from our rental apartment. Win, win. And it's very popular with a few Snowheads on here.

Sarah and Duncan, (and their staff), are some of the hardest working people you'll find in hospitality.

Cracking Happy Hour(s), excellent food, and some great old tunes (if you're of a certain age).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy