Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When you get on the ferry...

Poster: A snowHead
...please don't forget to leave your vehicle in gear with the handbrake on.

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shocked Shocked
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Even just in gear would've done the trick! wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Eurotunnel chock every vehicle against such muppetry. Do the ferries not do so (any more)?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Eurotunnel chock every vehicle against such muppetry. Do the ferries not do so (any more)?

When we travelled to Dieppe they only chocked the one near the door, presumably so that it didn't roll forward and damage any mechanisms
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dave of the Marmottes, I haven't travelled on a ferry very often but I don't ever recall the vehicle being chocked. Handbrake on and if necessary in gear.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
well it ain't gonna roll away is it Wink

My car has only ever been chocked when first or last in the row, or when parked at a weird angle on one of the ferries where you do a u-turn on the car deck with both loading and unloading at the same end of the boat. I probably triple check it's in gear and the motion sensor alarm deactivated. Yes I have been on DFDS/P+O overnight and heard car alarms going off all night long.

They should do a check, and call out all reg plates over the tannoy and make drivers do the walk of shame to sort their car out
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Dave of the Marmottes, eurotunnel only do first and last in each carriage section.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
OK must have always been one of them.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
At least they turned off the alarm Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A snowHead that shall remain nameless got the message on the ferry tannoy "will the owner of vehicle reg no ........ please return to the car deck immediately!" on our return from the BB about 6 yrs ago Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hells Bells wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, eurotunnel only do first and last in each carriage section.

We were first in our carriage section last Friday. No chocks here. We stayed in gear.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Owlette, You are always told to do that on the announcements and by staff walking through carriage. We had some fidiot trying to open the tailgate of their VW van in front of us last time. She then wanted her hubby to try and move it forward. I was waiting for her to ask us to reverse as we were last in. Come to think.of it cant remember staff chocking the rear wheel. Ill have to see if they are still doing it on my way home
Maybe they've stopped.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ill have to see if they are still doing it on my way home
Maybe they've stopped.[/quote]

They only tend to do that when they know the crossing is going to be a bit choppy.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
andmelffion wrote:
Ill have to see if they are still doing it on my way home
Maybe they've stopped.

They only tend to do that when they know the crossing is going to be a bit choppy.[/quote] Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Hells Bells wrote:

They do that to stop any errant vehicles impeding the doors as they open and close them remotely, its just to make sure nothing is going to get snagged and prevent normal door operation.

The doors are fully specified for crash loading as I understand it, in the event of high speed arrest scenario Very Happy each kinetic block is self contained.
ski holidays
@ski3, I hope I'm never on it should they have to put it to the test Shocked
latest report
Brittany Ferries chock every car on a rough crossing, but other than that they don't bother.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy