Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Villa Eden Corvara

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, has any snowhead stayed here? If so can you let us know how you found it, regarding location, food etc. We're considering a stay here next Jan as it's by far the best price for half board in Corvara. Their website states that you can ski back to the hotel and it's a 5 min walk to lifts in the morning. Husband really wants ski in, ski out but it's evident we can't afford that so hoping this hotel is the next best thing!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We stayed there for a short break maybe four years ago. It's about 400-500 yards from the Col Alto gondola which takes you up to the Prolongia plateau with lots of friendly blue runs and that heads over to the hidden valley run, the world cup black and the route to Santa Croce. That's not the lift that's on the Sella Ronda so you'd either have to go up and ski down or walk across town if you want to head for Arraba or Colfosco. Personally I like to use the ski lockers at the ski school ski lockers beside the Boe Gondola (which is also where the ski school and instructors meet) but that's only maybe around 800 yards so the location isn't too bad.

In terms of ski back, I'd say maybe if you don't mind a bit of cross country skiing and the snow is good. I'm pretty sure it's not on the piste.

The food was OK. Not as good as the Hotel Table where we usually stay but that is more expensive.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the thin walls and poor sound insulation. We could clearly hear everything the people in the neighbouring room were doing. Maybe that was just the part of the hotel we were in or our room and maybe that's been sorted by renovation but I wouldn't go back if nothing had changed.

The reviews don't seem to mention this as a general problem so maybe we were just unlucky.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stayed there in January. We had two single rooms and had no issues with noise from other rooms, though one room was at the end of the floor and my room was next to the lift, thus we had no one else either side. We also previously stayed at the Hotel Table in the village. I preferred the evening meals at the Eden as they were less fancy/A la cartey. Though I wasn't impressed with the breakfast compared to other hotels I've stayed at in the Alps. I thought the restaurant itself was nicer. Service was good and staff were friendly. Hard to compare rooms as we had an upgraded room at the Table and single rooms at the Eden. The single room itself was small. But had a good bed, excellent shower and lots of storage space. Obviously location is better as its a bit nearer to the lifts and yes you can ski right to the back of the hotel. This was the third time we managed to ski back to that part of the village but that's just down to luck. I personally thought the hotel was just a bit too far to walk in ski boots carrying skis to the lifts and hence I started using the ski bus in the mornings. Big advantage of the Table though is it has its own mini bus to take you and pick you up from the lifts. Overall I enjoyed the stay there and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. Same goes for the Hotel Table.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@olderscot, @jimmybog, Thanks for your replies. We've booked as the price was so good, although we're in the attic rooms (cheapest catagory). Let's hope there's enough snow to ski back to the hotel and yes, we'll probably end up using the bus as not a fan of carrying skis too far!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think bus pass cost me 7 euro for the week. The hotel will give you a timetable. Bus stop is near the hotel just before hotel col alto. One of the busses will loop round and go straight up to the Boe lift. The other will first go up to the hotels above the village (where the Sassongher hotel is located). Sometimes they both go up there first. Hence I usually walked to the other bus stop opposite the Table and La Tambra hotels to catch the first one that came down from there. Next time I'll probably hire a locker at the Boe lift.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jimmybog, Good advice, thank you.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy