Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix or val d isere

Poster: A snowHead
Able to add another trip in 2nd Feb 2024 to supplement our usual March trip to les gets and never been to either of these well known resorts. Will just be me, the wife and 8 year old daughter and decided we want to knock these off but can't decide which one. 8 year old is comfy on red runs and would be at ski school in mornings. Keen to hear opinions on which is better
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Main consideration is I'd say.... Do you want to have a faff with public transport / hire car to your chosen Chamonix area each day or not. That's not a slur against Cham but I'd say a big consideration for those with kid(s). On the flip side Val has a much longer airport transfer at start / end of your stay.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Val d’Isere without question
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mikeelsa, I'd concur with @Steve Angus.

If junior's in ski ischool, that's likely pretty much to have you up Brevent or Flégère in the AM and it's a bit of a faff to then go elsewhere (Grands, Le Tour,...) for the afternoons. I mean, it's not at all difficult, just added effort.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good responses and the things that are good to know. Any other places i should consider. We were always austria before choosing les gets for the last few years. Done alpe d huez and les 2 alpes but rest of France is untouched
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@mikeelsa, Verbier?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chamonix would be last on my list for a family ski holiday in France as it is spread out and not ski to the door. Val D’Isere would be better. I’d recommend les arcs, les carroz and Montgenevre
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@snowymum, absolutely, most of the time, but, to be fair, the apartments we used to rent out were 2-3 minutes walk from the Brevent cabins and many families stayed with us and were very happy just up Brev-Fleg for the week ...

(We were a little unusual and 'twas very hard to convince people before they arrived that they didn't want to be beside the Aig du Midi rolling eyes )
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gonna be busy in Feb, maybe consider Italy?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@davidof, vacs don't start till 10th? Non?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Been to montgenevre as well but only for day when in sauze. Considered dolomites as well but hard to work out what's linked and whats not. Verbier interests me as well
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@mikeelsa, left field ... Monterosa e.g. Champoluc?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Obviously both world class, but Val for convenience with young child.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chamonix is a place you go for the off piste when the lure of the amazing mountains outweighs the crappy infrastructure and dogshit!

Val d’Isere, Tignes, Val Thorens etc would be much better for vast amounts red run skiing with a young ‘un in tow.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@BobinCH, really not much dog poop when the Parisiens aren't here!
latest report
For France, agree Val d’Isère or somewhere in the wonderful 3V.
snow report
Thanks for replies. Val d isere looks favourite now
snow report
VDI or loads of places in Austria or Italy would be wonderful for the family (at this time of year.) I would want to be off-piste with guides (in the mornings) if I was going to VDI and to be with the family for lunch and afternoon skiing.
ski holidays
mikeelsa wrote:

If it is VDI check Steve Angus' availability for ski lessons ('The view from ....... Val D'Isere' thread in the Snow Reports forum).
snow report
Kenzie wrote:
mikeelsa wrote:

If it is VDI check Steve Angus' availability for ski lessons ('The view from ....... Val D'Isere' thread in the Snow Reports forum).

Thanks.

@mikeelsa - drop me a pm if you want any info etc. Thanks
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy