Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne first timers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Family of seasoned skiers, we have just booked a cheap deal for La Plagne going this Sat.

3rd trip so trying to keep things cheap. Staying in Front de Niege with Crystal. We will still want to eat on the mountain and out most nights, but where are the good value eateries for a family (2 girls aged 12 and 9)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Following also the post and advices with great interest....althouth the kinder are Smaller (6 and Cool
But also first time in LP this saturday .. i am trying also to Keep it low-budget since it is also the 3d week Trip for the season but after two many one day Trips in Arlberg i had to squeeze the budget furthermore snowHead

Fanny that your cheap is the expensive for me... Embarassed
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We stayed at the Front de Niege a couple of weeks ago. The restaurant attached to the hotel does good pizzas and salads. I wouldn't call it amazing value but the portions were large and good.
You can walk across the slope, Ercatee, to Plagne Soleil which has an okish Spa, number of restaurants and holes in the wall for burgers and pizzas. We liked the food at a bar called Little Mo which did really nice burgers. Also ate at Monica's which was great.
Nothing in La Plagne was what I would call cheap, it was all pretty much London's pricing.

p.s. Beers were expensive!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This recent thread may help https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=5113630&
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnboy wrote:
trying to keep things cheap
but johnboy also wrote:
We will still want to eat on the mountain and out most nights

A tough one. You would save a lot by Picnics for lunch and eat in for the evening.
If eating out, nowhere is cheap and teenagers eat a lot, with non-alcoholic drinks often more expensive than beer or wine.
And as for coffees and hot chocolate, you'll be skint before the week is out.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
"keeping things cheap" and "want to eat on the mountain and out most nights" are mutually exclusive. Suggest going down the "nous partagerons, merci” route.

Alpine pizzas, pastas and salads are generally huge and easily shared.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks folks, I agree "keeping it cheap" and France do not usually go in the same sentence, but I'm taking some comfort from booking yesterday as the price this morning is £800 more per person!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi! Yes, sadly, prices are rising steadily post Brexit and the cost of living! I live in La Plagne, though and can only say at least it's cheaper than the 3 Valleys and Espace Killey!

I put together this post about family-friendly restaurants in La Plagne which you might find helpful: https://thatslaplagne.com/child-friendly-restaurants/

And I second Little Mo's and Monicas. Both great. Also Croque Neige in Plagne Centre and Floe's in Plagne Centre. Floe also has loads of games for kids (and adults!) so a good place to stop for a break or if the weather isn't great.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy