Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lost end tip of ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - I’d like some ski tech advice please.

I have lost the rear tip from one of my skis (left on a rock in Verbier). I have an oldish pair of Scott Missions and they have what looks like a plastic end tip. You can see an example of the skis some of these photos: https://www.mardosport.com/e-1798-freeride-skis-scott-mission-78-woodcore-all-mountain-rocker-salomon-z12-top-condition

Do i need to worry about it? It looks to have exposed the end of the inner layers of the ski but nothing is coming apart.

Does this require (a) a costly repair, (b) a strip of duct tape, or (c) a flashy new pair of skis?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@bosc79, hi and welcome snowHead

It’s not really a big deal, but you might want to seal the end up to prevent moisture getting inside the ski. Sounds like a job for some 2-part epoxy and clamp it overnight.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scarlet wrote:
@bosc79, hi and welcome snowHead

It’s not really a big deal, but you might want to seal the end up to prevent moisture getting inside the ski. Sounds like a job for some 2-part epoxy and clamp it overnight.

Thanks! And there was I, hoping to go shopping!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bosc79, still can, for a clamp and a tube of glue Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Scarlet, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Speaking of which… do you (or anyone ) have any good recommendations for epoxy? I have the Gorilla glue version but hear tell of putties and all sorts of other products. I guess it just needs to be able to stick, mould and be water tight?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just to update and thank you all for the advice. I spent the weekend building up a new end cap out of epoxy and then once it had hardened filed and sanded it into the same shape. It looks like it should do the trick though no doubt the proof of the pudding will be in the skiing next season.

Thanks again!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy