Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zell am See

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Just got started with skiing and we have decided to head out to Zell am see at the end of the year, however there is a couple of things we have to get our heads around and gain a little more knowledge before we fly out.

Ski equipment hire - Where is the best place to get the ski equipment from? This is basically for the boots and the skis, we have everything else. Is there somewhere that's best on price, maybe one that's local? Do the shops have lockers local to them for storage near the slopes (just so I don't have to carry all the gear back to the apartment). Is there any of the rental shops that have better gear for the money???

Lift passes - Now from what i can see there is the 'APLIN CARD', which is a card that gives you access to the whole show (VALID FOR ALL CABLE CARS AND LIFTS IN THE SKICIRCUS SAALBACH HINTERGLEMM LEOGANG FIEBERBRUNN, THE SCHMITTENHÖHE IN ZELL AM SEE AND THE KITZSTEINHORN KAPRUN). My question is, is there any way of getting this cheaper for staying at an apartment, I've heard there is but have no way of actually knowing? Or would it be better to get a lesser access card for the immediate time there?

Anyway, i hope you guys can help, I'm sure ill have hundreds more questions before I get out there, so thanks in advance.

Peace

Brad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Brundl Sport next to the ticket office looked like a pretty good outfit when we were there
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Brundl Sport have numerous outlets in the area, including at most valley lift stations and on the mountain summit. Some of their outlets have lockers too. You can swap or return your equipment at any of their outlets. They refresh most of their hire equipment annually. They are not the cheapest, but nonetheless I would recommend them.

I’m not aware of any apartments or hotels that offer a discount on lift passes for the area.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Brad2406, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

As Austrian Seagull mentioned, I’ve also never come across accommodation providers providing discounts on Winter skiing passes.

If you’re not planning on skiing from first to last lift everyday, many resort lift operators have a variety of ski pass options. For example, our local area offers a “ski any 4 in 6 days”, morning pass options, afternoon pass options etc. I suspect there will be similarish options available.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Brad2406, Welcome to Snowheads. First off why Zell? I'd go somewhere else in Austria for my first trip. It isn't the most beginner friendly place. I doubt you'll get Lift Pass Discounts tied to apartments as the lifts are run by different organisations. However, resorts often give discounts if you order online early, or for family passes and here in Ski Amade we have a kids ski free option after a certain date in the season.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 3-04-23 20:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't think that Zell is too bad a place for early intermediates. Depends what "just got started" means, but there's a good few blue snowfields, wide, not too long. Several reds are doable by the confident, with care; as long as it's not hard icy. And a nice town. Certainly no worse than any other Austrian resorts, better than many.
I'd personally head to Kaprun (though it's only a short bus ride away anyway) and spend several days on the Maiskogel hill, which starts/stops right from the roadside in town and is just one nice easy run straight down (from halfway, to start with).

Lift pass is just lift pass. Several hire places, Brundel the best known.
Several instruction schools in both Kaprun and Zell.

If you fancy Zell or Kaprun area, probably a package is as cheap as DIY, and they'll arrange hire & lift passes. Keep an eye on deals and you might get one or both half price or something.

Oh, and carrying your skis & poles around and walking in ski boots is really not that much bother. Forget lockers: just a waste of money. Most accommodations are a couple of minutes only from ski bus stops. If really such a worry, take up snowboarding Eh oh!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy