Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Everyone was on short skis except me

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@under a new name, very old skis. I don’t have photos but believe me, they were older than some of the snowHead on the Bash!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have skied on Atomic 157 FIS skis all season. Never once reached for anything longer. Had the most fun I’ve ever had. Made relatively short work of the Swiss wall last weekend,
but the guys on the fat bendy stuff definitely had the right skis tbh! When it was icy they were superb as expected but when I got warm and bumpy they were also good - but you can’t cruise around, it’s attack most of the time Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dynastar84 wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone changes skis at lunchtime at this time of year from piste skis to all mountain if it is so slushy in the afternoon? Or is it more hassle than its worth?

I'd possibly do it the other way around, my Nordica enforcer110s have fantastic edge grip on hard, pisted snow, so they would be my choice for the morning of piste carving but I find that they are too wide for the afternoon slush & ride over the piles rather than slice through them, giving a bumpy ride so it would be my 67mm skis for the afternoon slush.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@tangowaggon, really? How odd.

That said, a few years ago I had a day on (I can't recall why I bought them, maybe the €25 price tag) 185cms Rossi FIS GS skis. Utterly shot in every way other than skiing slush, and slushy bumps.

@dynastar84, uhhh, no?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name wrote:
@tangowaggon, really? How odd.

I spent about a year or more, trawling through websites, looking for a ski that would give noticeably more offpiste float than my 95mm skis, so 110 seemed a good margin without going silly. I also wanted a ski that had at least some enjoyment on piste, so I was looking for as short a radius as possible.
In theory, the Enforcer 110s fitted the bill at 177cm long/110mm waist / 16.5m radius, I had no chance to try before I buy, other than some narrower Enforcers that I tried at Oktobertest which seemed ok, so I bought the 110s with fingers crossed, hoping all would be ok. I wasn't disappointed, in fact very very pleased with the piste carving abilities, not only good for a 110mm ski but good against any ski.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Isn’t it good to know that different skis suit different people Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Gordyjh, just as well, really!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
dynastar84 wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone changes skis at lunchtime at this time of year from piste skis to all mountain if it is so slushy in the afternoon? Or is it more hassle than its worth?

I agree with Dave. Spring days often start with ice, so its the piste skis until the 10 am (they open earlier) hydration, sunscreen and ski swap break when the big guns come out....as long as it's feasible. At my main hill I can ski to the car and to the lift, so it's a snap.

I've got skis with waist from 68mm to 125mm. My daily drivers are 108mm and 186cm. But to be honest for the piste skiing you describe I'd prefer to be on my FIS SLs too. You can pivot and surf slush but I like to carve it up at crazy edge angles (just avoid hitting the piles with your knee!) and obviously they are way better in the icy mornings.
I'm not alone in this obviously and its not just us crazy Euros. I've got one of Ron le Master's technique bibles and it has a section where he waxes lyrical about the joys of carving up slush.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy