Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free National snow show tickets

Poster: A snowHead
Just received an email from the national snow show, regarding the box office is now open for both Birmingham and London shows this year.
There is a “limited” number of free tickets available
I just bagged a few tickets for London on the Saturday.

I would try and copy and paste a link, but am typing this on my phone whilst waiting at Portsmouth for my ferry to take us to France to arrive.
Apparently it is “a bit choppy” out there and it is late arriving!

Am sure there will be several chances for freebie tickets from more sources
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@terrygasson, Links for you
Birmingham
https://nationalsnowshow.seetickets.com/event/the-national-snow-show/nec/2575452?OfferCode=LAUNCH

London
https://londonsnowshow.seetickets.com/event/the-london-snow-show/excel/2588764?OfferCode=LAUNCH
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Brilliant, thanks. Got a couple of tickets for the NEC, looking to get a deal on a new helmet, and maybe some *cough* shortskis/snowblades *cough*...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I guess the big question will now be - London or NEC? Wonder if they will be the same size
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What kind of freebies do you think they'll be giving out at the different stands?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You should be able to get free tickets using the code 'SKIPODCAST' Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
You should be able to get free tickets using the code 'SKIPODCAST'
This code still works for free tickets - just sorted x2 for the Saturday at the NEC Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mountainaddict, glad you didn’t pay. No-one has.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Has anyone actually received their free tickets yet?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@welshflyer, no - but it's still over a week away. I'd expect them early to mid next week (based on previous years).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If they don’t send them to everyone beforehand then there will be no-one there, hardly the point of the show to have no punters.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
welshflyer wrote:
Has anyone actually received their free tickets yet?

Not yet, hopefully they'll be sent out soon.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fingers crossed that the tickets appear in good time! Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
i received my weekend tickets for London yonks ago via see-tickets, just sent them from my laptop pdf download folder to my email account so i have them on my phone
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hmmh, now that you mention it, I've got the confirmation of ordering them but no ticket email, may have gone into spam and routinely deleted. no matter just got some more using the latest code, downloaded and printed there and then.
snow report
As I'd had a confirmation email of ordering the ticket, but as yet no actual ticket email I went to the confirmation email and clicked on the Customer Support Centre link that's there. That lets you input your booking reference and email address, and they then send you an email with a link to access your order. From that you can download a pdf of your ticket and print it out. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
@Alastair Pink,

I've just tried what you have said but I get a message telling me the pdf isn't ready yet and that they will send me an email when it is ready to download.
ski holidays
@welshflyer, strange, it worked for me, although I booked my ticket on 8th September so perhaps you booked more recently?
ski holidays
I "booked" tickets in April when they first offered free tickets.

Clicking on Customer Support I then enter my email details which directs me to my "See Ticket" orders. This shows that I have "ordered" tickets. Then I get the pdf not yet ready message.

Their system didn't recognise my booking reference number.
snow conditions
@welshflyer, sod it. Just get more as I did.
snow conditions
I received mine today so they are on the way!
snow conditions
Finally arrived Smile
ski holidays
Tickets just arrived.
ski holidays
They must be desperate as I've just received an email with my free tickets and I hadn't even applied for any! Must've got my details from my registration last year when I was working there.
ski holidays
No Planks - interesting, as this was party/giveaway/excitement central last year. Jim still exhausted perhaps?!
snow conditions
Reminder to those who are going to the NEC this weekend: Booking parking online at least the day before (at £12.95) saves you a fiver, versus just turning up on the day.

Every little helps wink
ski holidays
@spyderjon, you’re not going then?
snow conditions
ster wrote:
@spyderjon, you’re not going then?

Nope, not going. Was there last year helping my buddy on his stand. Thought the show was pretty poor - not surprising given the cost of the stands and I fail to see how a retailer can make it pay.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@spyderjon, pity. What stand was that last year?
ski holidays
ster wrote:
@spyderjon, pity. What stand was that last year?

Pure Freeride Design
latest report
Cost of a stand?
snow conditions
@spyderjon, the fancy ski that looked like its made of wood? I saw those but didnt stop.
snow conditions
Looking forward to the show coming back to London, we’ll be there exhibiting and can’t wait. I have a code for 100% tickets - drop me a message if you’re keen or if I’m allowed to post it here I will! (Not sure if it counts as promotion/advertising)
snow report
@ESDS Jake, always good to have industry people on here. But who are you/what are you exhibiting?
snow conditions
If coming to the NEC this weekend, beware that the M42 has a closure between Jct 5 and 4. Coming from the North of the M6 Toll the M42 was a total ****show this afternoon! Skullie

If you can park somewhere and come into the NEC on train it is highly recommended.
ski holidays
Not sure if anyone else has made it in to the NEC show yet - it's a bit smaller than last year, though same hall.

Looks like there's more than previous for families/kids though!

And definitely plenty of sales around if you need gear.
latest report
Visited again out of principle, hoping it would be better than last year. Afraid not, even more non-snow stands, flogging all sorts of things with no connection to the sport. A few ski retailers, and that’s about it.

Worth going if you get free tickets and live near Manchester, as chill factore give out free passes which offset the cost of fuel and parking, but this really has to be the last time for me going. Was in and out in 45 minutes and that was after multiple laps.

I have four spare tickets if anybody wants them, free of course.
snow report
Quote:
Even more non-snow stands, flogging all sorts of things with no connection to the sport. A few ski retailers, and that’s about it.
Yes - very disappointing on the kit and clobber front and (however worthy the causes) not much fun being repeatedly accosted by Macmillan Cancer, Prostate Cancer, SSAFA, Guide Dogs, for The Blind, WWF and The Woodland Trust.

Quote:
Was in and out in 45 minutes and that was after multiple laps.
Mrs MA and I managed to last about 90 mins - though 30 mins of that was listening to the inspiring story of snowboarder Neil Campbell who turned his life round from crime and prison to snowboarding and film making after getting a job at Milton Keynes snow slope and discovering boarding. Neil was interviewed at the show.

We've visited the last three shows. We thought the first one was excellent, the second one decent but have a disappointing feeling of 'Was that it?' after today's visit. We'll not be rushing back next year.

Still, we got some toffee vodka and caramel rum samples, four free ski mags and there were bargain German sausages to be had... wink

And finally, it was good to see that I can dig out my 1988 ski clobber and wear it with complete impunity Laughing

latest report
Getting absolutely hammered by the Chuggers is what’s sealed the deal for not going back next year. I cannot comprehend why the organisers thought this would be appropriate…
latest report
There won’t be a next year for the National Snow Show at the NEC. Going forward there will be London only, and that’s not guaranteed.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy