Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ELAN SLX Word Cup FIS 157 - Any Experiences?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Gaza Jr will move up to U18 next month. Although we don't plan on doing much, if any, FIS snow racing, he will be doing the dry slope race circuit. The BACR rules are much more relaxed than FIS, so he doesn't have to use a minimum of 157cm FIS approved in year 1. However, as he is now 6' 3" (and still growing) and around 85 kg, his Dynastar 150 pre-FIS skis are becoming too soft for him.

Aside from the issue of getting hold of 157cm FIS SL at the moment, the cost of two pairs is eye watering. I've been doing a bit of digging around and have found a couple of pairs of ELAN SLX WORLD CUP 157s at less than half the cost of Dynastar or Rossi. I think they are old stock as they don't have the "ACE" branding but my experience of race skis suggests that year on year change is little more than colours or branding.

No-one in his club uses Elan and they aren't a common sight in the dryslope race world so I have noting to go on.

Does anyone have experience of these and can offer a view on how they compare to the usual suspects of Rossi, Dyanastar, Fischer and Head?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They were popular a few years back. I seem to remember them being a little softer than the competition, but as you say year-on-year FIS skis don't change that much.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In my experience there is not that much to choose between the FIS skis from different brands. For sure a World Cup racer will be more picky, but I doubt it makes much difference to club racers. What seems to happen is brands come in and out of fashion, one year it is all Fischer and the next Atomic etc.

If they are a good match in terms of length I would go for them.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks all for the responses so far.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy