Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Slight nightmare - need help.

Poster: A snowHead
I had to be very firm with mine when approaching a péage on the A 40 I was choosing which lane to use and had to be masterful with a steering wheel which developed a mind of its own.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@pam w, @under a new name, bloody hell, I'm not looking forward to picking up a hire care in Munich. Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We might be just exaggerating a tiny bit, @Hurtle.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pam w, @Hurtle, not me!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm always a bit nervous with a rental car. A relief when you give it back without incident! Hope it goes well, @Hurtle.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name wrote:
... some years ago we rented a rather nice Volvo XC60 (were upgraded) - imgine my surprise, driving thru a quiet Highland village and pulling to the opposite lane to pass a parked car when air raid sirens went off, every light that could and some that couldn't lit up and my seat and steering wheel started vibrating violently ...

Which reminds me, this is a slightly different model, but the statistics show how massively effective some simple technical changes can be:
https://jerseyeveningpost.com/motoring/2022/04/01/no-fatal-crashes-in-volvo-xc90-since-2002-release/

Had a go with the Tesla auto pilot stuff in the US last week. That's a massive game changer for me.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@phil_w, The Volvo auto pilot is very good too. Makes mway driving much more relaxing.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Makes mway driving much more relaxing

I find motorway driving pretty relaxing anyway, unless it's nose to tail on the M25. Any more relaxed and I'd be asleep!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We had a Volvo - chosen because of it's passive safety features And the article linked by @phil_w, notes that it is the passive safety features, not the AEB, which is key to the great safety record. “The real delivery is not the collision avoidance systems, it’s because it’s got really good passive safety.”
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Safety belts, and universal high quality restraints for kids have probably saved more deaths and serious injuries than all the rest put together.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
AEB is probably a very good thing, and I certainly wouldn't knock it. I proposed, years ago, a kind of airbag on the roof of a car which would inflate if the driver got too close to the car in front, at too high a speed. It would be in the shape of an orange pint and balls......and would take a lot of careful re-packing. Driving too close to the car in front is one of the most dangerous driving faults, but is easy to avoid if you have a brain in your head. I wager that men are the worst culprits, hence the design of my airbag.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
I think keyless entry/start is like many tech features on cars now....Now I've got it, I'd never want to go back...Same with remote climate, heated seats, heated steering wheel, reverse/surround cameras etc.
Not sure what remote climate is... Puzzled Regardless, my humble 6 year old Astra has none of those features, but still gets me to the airport and ski slopes just fine wink

It’s when people drive around with the aircon on and the windows open.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Orange200, Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I had some clients last winter who picked up a hire car in Geneva. The car hire dude drove the car round for them, left the engine running and handed them the key. They jumped in and drove to Tignes. Pulled up outside the Marmot Arms 5 minutes before they stopped serving food, had a burger then went to move the car to a proper parking with heavy snow falling. The dude had given them the wrong key. Couldn't start the car. I had to go have a chat with the local Gendarmes for them to make sure their car didn't get towed before the hire co. could get another key to them!
snow report
Good job you were there, @stevomcd. A good story, that. Car hire people never "drive the car round" for me. They leave me to get it out of some incredibly tight parking space, shrieking its poor little electronic head off because those damn big metal pillars in the Geneva car park, or the big new shiny elite car next door, are ALWAYS within range to set off the alarms.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy