Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

W/C 15th April-too late?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, appreciate its 'how long is a piece of string' question due to the snow conditions but what would people recommend please? We are a family of 5 adults, all skiied before and want to go skiing from w/c 15th April for 6 days (flight is cheaper returning on Friday).
Looking at similar topics about last minute trips at that time of year, the higher resorts recommended are Tignes and Val Thorens. Would fly from Bristol to Geneva and then get a hire car (from the Swiss side). Do I book the flights now and then look at the snow conditions say a week before we go and book an Airbnb? My wife and daughter will probably only ski in the morning so it would be good if there was a decent town/village nearby for them in the afternoon (not sure what VT is like?)

If it transpires the snow is poor we can then choose a non ski holiday!

Thank you.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The 98 (so far) SHs booked to go to Val Thorens for the EoSB that week don't think it's too late Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Yoghurt007, and welcome to Snowheads!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I always suggest it, look at Les diablerets. If you have a car it's 6-7 mins drive up to col du Pillon
then up on to the glacier.
In mid April you will believe that you own the place it will be so quiet. Snow will be magic and you will come away thinking why have we never heard of this place.
Usual advisory: just because it's Swiss don't think it's too pricey until you've checked.
Nice easy drive out of Geneva as well.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many thanks for the welcome and the vote for VT.
Will do some research into Les diablerets too, thank you
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Rogerdodger wrote:
I always suggest it, look at Les diablerets. If you have a car it's 6-7 mins drive up to col du Pillon
then up on to the glacier.
In mid April you will believe that you own the place it will be so quiet. Snow will be magic and you will come away thinking why have we never heard of this place.
Usual advisory: just because it's Swiss don't think it's too pricey until you've checked.
Nice easy drive out of Geneva as well.

On the snow site says projected closing date is 10th April for Les diablerets. Any idea how they predict this please? Sounds like your experience has been different.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Yoghurt007,
Tignes-Val d'Isere, Paradiski, 3 Valleys or take the train to Zermatt.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yoghurt007 wrote:
On the snow site says projected closing date is 10th April for Les diablerets.

That'll be for the Les Diablarets-Villars ski area, which is lower. The Les Diablarets glacier area (Glacier 3000) is open until 7 May: https://www.glacier3000.ch/en/information/operating-hours-and-installations
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Having skied Glacier 3000 - it’s fun and some super runs, and an amazing location with stunning views.

But - I’d get bored there for 6 days. It’s not a big area.

Val Thorens has better chance of more pistes to ski.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Yoghurt007, wot @Kenzie, says...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sugarmoma666 wrote:
The 98 (so far) SHs booked to go to Val Thorens for the EoSB that week don't think it's too late Cool

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks everyone. I have just bit the bullet and booked our flights to Geneva for the 5 of us and car hire.

Just going to wait to book accomodation (seems to be availability with Airbnb) at either VT or Les diablerets, depending on snow conditions in the next week.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cant go wrong with VT, Cervinia also worth consideration I would say from Geneva
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you chose VT come see us all at The Oxalys Hotel or look out for the Snowheads buffs around the place. The biggest hang out on mountain is ‘The Knife and Fork’ restaurant as it is commonly called for obvious reasons.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cinsha wrote:
If you chose VT come see us all at The Oxalys Hotel or look out for the Snowheads buffs around the place. The biggest hang out on mountain is ‘The Knife and Fork’ restaurant as it is commonly called for obvious reasons.

Thank you for the invite, will look out for you all!

I have now found an apartment on the 6th floor in Residence L'Arcelle in VT being offered for a fair price-its bigger than we need but sounds good but can anyone who has been there tell me what the building is like as I have come across mixed reviews (but that is apartment specific). Owner wants cash on arrival. I understand it has a supermarket underneath.

Thank you
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy