Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sella Ronda in April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,

We are going to Selva val Gardena first week of April.

Does anyone know if there will be enough snow to get round Sella Ronda? And hidden valley?

Thanks all.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No one can say for sure but they are open now and there is about a foot of snow forecast for the next week and maybe some more for the week after.

There's no guarantee that the snow will arrive as forecast or that it will last but I'd say the chances look good for both and they'll probably do their best to keep them open until after Easter.

The chances are that the track back after skiing down hidden valley will not have enough snow for the horse drawn ski ropes to be in operation. In that case there'll be taxis taking back to Armentarola. I think the last time I had to do that they were about 5 euros per person.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went that week last year. The app states the cable car up to the hidden valley run finishes for the season on the 9th and the Sella Ronda will close on the 11th. It also states all the main lifts close on 10th so there is some confusion but nothing to worry about for the first week of Easter holidays. There will be enough snow, it’s just the quality may be varied. They start ploughing up the pistes through the week and a few outlying lifts will shut but most of the area will be open.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Did it today somewhat unintentionally. A couple of sun-facing slopes were pretty nasty by 11:00 and it was tough sledding for intermediates and down. I think it is a bit overrated, and more crowded than many other runs. I’d suggest people start at the bell, find what suits them and ski it hard until lunch and that’s about it. Some snow is in the forecast but not enough for a reset.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I think it is a bit overrated, and more crowded than many other runs.

Agreed. There's other, more interesting and less busy skiing elsewhere in the area.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Agreed. There's other, more interesting and less busy skiing elsewhere in the area.
+2
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Yes when my friends skied it, two of us sat in the sun and had amazing chicken and wine instead!!

More interested in whether there will be a route to use it as a roundabout to access other parts.

Any suggestions for areas to ski from Selva? In April of course.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4957122&highlight=spring+alta+badia#4957122

Here’s my TR from last year. You will see it’s VERY quiet! Definitely a good idea to think about the orientation of the pistes and aim for ski south facing stuff before lunch and north facing afterwards.

Obvious first 2 choices from Selva are the Edelweiss valley in Colfosco and the James Bond run to Ortisei.

For the Edelweiss, take Dantercepies gondola, ski towards Alta Badia, all the way to the end of the piste (a long way) and take Colfosco gondola on the left. Take Forcelles chair then Col Pradat gondola and decide which has the finer views. Would not bother with Stella Alpina chair TBH.

For the afternoon, ski down to the bottom and take Borest then Boe, then Bec de Roces then Arabba Fly and ski some of the north facing runs of Arabba. You can ski back to Selva either way but continuing clockwise will probably involve some sun-affected slow snow heading into Val di Fassa (after the incredible view at Belvedere) and anti-clockwise has a lot of lifts and not much skiing after Corvara.
Top of Mont Vallon to Borest is pretty good and fairly north facing between Arabba and Corvara.

If you fancy lunch, there’s plenty of choices.

For the JBR, take Ciampinoi gondola then the (apparently butchered this year) great Saslong run to base, cross the car park and take the Funicular then the gondola, ski the track to the left once out of the building and another chair leads you to a lovely >10kms run. 2 lifts back up or cross town to continue the ‘Val Gardena Ronda’ (search on here, there’s a recent thread about it) for the rest of the day.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+1 on paying attention to aspect. Big time.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@what...snow, fab trip report! Thank you! I’ll keep your post to study at leisure with the piste map. Snow dance has now started.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Like @what...snow, I was there that week last year. I’ll also be in Selva the same week as you this year.

The only differences I noticed was that most (all?) of the rifugios had switched off their pizza ovens for the season, couldn’t get one at all on the mountain, through no lack of trying.
The lifts to Santa Croce stopped running pretty early on in the week. We just missed them, sadly. Will be aiming for there on day 1 this time.
Everything else was running as normal (though we did get a huge dump just before we arrived, which might have changed things? Top up forecast over this weekend too I believe.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy