Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tecnica Mach 1 T-Drive

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a pair of Mach 1 LVs from 2021 which don't have the T-drive thingy at the back. I'm thinking of replacing the boots with the newer version but I've heard those with the T-drive are softer, due to the softer plastics that have been used for which the T-drive spine us supposed to compensate but doesn't. As a result it's no longer a 'true' 130 flex, whatever that means. Thoughts?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@eightbobnote, you are over thinking things.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, I don't think so: I want to make sure that if I buy the new version they're as stiff as the current boots that I have. I don't want to go any softer.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why, though, are you thinking of changing 2 year old boots?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@eightbobnote, Hmmm, yeah, how much have you used them? Don't they go up to 140 or 160 like Atomic - ah, sorry, the Mach 1s aren't the full Firebird race boots. Try them instead?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@joffy69, fair question: I have 120+ days through them already and I'll probably get another season out of them at most.

@under a new name, I have thought about that but they're pretty narrow. I'll have to ask a bootfitter I suppose!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@eightbobnote, you can always make a boot wider ... The fitters at Concept Pro in Chamonmix (disclosure, bro-in-law's a partner) only stock LV versions for that reason.

120 days is the life of a liner to me. Get nice new liners for perfectly good shells?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Unless you think the plastics going, uann's suggestion of new liners would solve your problems (AFAICS)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd imagine that since it's the same brand, the flex rating would match quite well - so the new Tdrive 130 would feel as stiff as previously.

I've just got a new pair of the Mach1 120 and the flex feels very nice - coming from Atomic Hawx 120 - both flex quality feels smooth and progressive... and that Tdrive thingy does mean the plastic over the instep can be softer so easier to open/put boots on etc.

But since your shells are only 2 years old, you might want to consider spending the new boot money on Zipfit liners instead and carry on with your current boots. You'll be able to use the zipfits in any future shell (of same approx fit/shape).

My Hawx were about 9 years old and cracked/blew up at Whistler after 1 day - note I live in Thailand and the heat/humidity is brutal on plastics anyway (and maybe the newer heat mouldable shell plastics are less long term durable?).... and i tried the stock liners while getting shells punched over a few days to fit... and then went back to my zipfits.

snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy