Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tesco Clubcard change

Poster: A snowHead
I know quite a few of use Clubcard points for the tunnel/ferry to go skiing.

It used to be 4 times your points in value, then it was 3 and now it is moving to 2 times:

"From 14 June, when you exchange your Clubcard vouchers for a Reward Partner code, they’ll be worth up to 2x as much, not up to 3x the value, as they are now."

With prices of the tunnel/ferries increasing and now this getting across the channel is going to have a fair increased cost for us.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Layne, yep I've just opened it 10 minutes ago.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
F*ck
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Change all your points over to a voucher before the middle of June seems to be the thing to do. Won't help for future use though, and with the demise of the Frequent Traveller programme it is going to get even more expensive.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hells Bells, indeed..I changed mine not long ago but will do do again. Peed off but such is life in these times
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We always used Clubcard points. But these days I shop in Waitrose, not Tesco! And though I use my Tesco credit card a fair bit, and get bits in the local little Tesco, I don't seem to amass any worthwhile number of points.

With friendly help from the hospital finance woman we put the entire cost of my husband's triple by pass on the Tesco credit card in 2002! I had to pay in instalments and then pay it off from the bank immediately, to be able to make another payment. That was in between our having "signed on the dotted line" for our apartment in January, and actually taking possession of it just before Christmas. It tickled my OH to think that all that suffering was contributing to the cost of our P & O ferry from Portsmouth to Le Havre (they don't run that route any more, and we switched to eurotunnel.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx wrote:
F*ck

For* Channel Konnoisseurs? Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh Bum , Well I’ve had a great run over the last ten years . Looks like I’m going to be doing a bit of trip shopping in may
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes go this email. Although I tend to exchange mine for Prezzo or other similar eateries meals out most the time.

As observed it has gradually been worth less and less. Many years ago managed a cosmos holiday from the points.

Makes me wonder if we should switch to another card that does Avios points to be able to get flights from them. American express are so rarely accepted in lots of the places we spend money however I did notice that Barclay card are offering a Mastercard version?

Anybody know of a way to figure out the best one?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's making driving to France less attractive. Although, just checking the ferry, the starting price is less than the tunnel and I might still get 50% off as a "unit holder".
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i had the same email yesterday as well, have set a reminder on my phones calendar for late may, to make sure i swap them over and get the vouchers, currently have circa of £70 in vouchers which gives me £210 to use.
will probably be a bit more, but not much, a couple of the vouchers expire in august anyway.

looks like i can just about get a standard return ticket at feb 24 half term for that, though non-refundable i will be able to change dates nearer the time if required, albeit with potentially a supplement.

EDIT. just looked at the Easter24 dates i will need, another £140 on top Shocked Shocked Shocked
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@terrygasson, I've got £216.50 worth £649.50!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
E-mail does say that codes will be valid for a year, rather than the usual 6 months, so if vouchers are exchanged before 14th June we will at least get x3 covering next winter. Still a bit of a bummer, though.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
that's a lot of Tesco meal deals @holidayloverxx, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

nice little "brucie bonuses" to use up!!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@195062, that's good, I'll easily use mine in a year. I've already got a £135 eurotunnel voucher to use

@terrygasson, its a lot of 25% off wine deals Laughing
snow report
@holidayloverxx, ahh, i forgot about the 25% of wine, i must have drunk too much of it!!!!
ski holidays
Sainsbury's shopping. Sainsbury's Credit card.
Convert Nectar to Avios & fly. Dont Drive.

Surprised the snob lot on here slum it by shopping in Tesco. Times must be hard wot wot wot
Asda rewards they brought in last year trumps the Be Nice please! lot anyway if you need to save cash without saving face.
snow report
@Gored, snob moi?. Nah, far from it (woz dragged up on a south London council estate!!)

its all about the convenience for me, Tesco is the closest supermarket to me now for the last few years, also my daughter worked for them for a year up until recently, so could share her colleague clubcard for an additional 10% discount (15% around her payday and 20% at Christmas) luvly jubbly!!.

was Sainsbury before that, but to be honest i cannot ever remember getting much from my nectar card!

before that i had a Waitrose that was walking distance from me, and used them for fresh food, but for non perishable/household goods it was Sainsbury again as it was cheaper than waitrose.
snow report
We're not posh enough to shop at Tesco, we shop at Lidl. But we have a Tesco CC and often buy petrol there which gets us a fair amount of points. But with this change is going to become less attractive.
ski holidays
I should think Martin Lewis will be all over this on his MSE blog to advise on best loyalty rewards cards and deals.

I find the change slightly annoying, especially at a time when interest rates are increasing. I suppose the answer is move to a better one if you can.

Overall, I’ll stick with Tesco. We get a once a week delivery from them for a very small service charge. Only buy products that are comparable value and quality compared to other supermarkets.
Occasional top up shop at Lidl covers other things we need.

Compared with driving to/from and wasting time walking around aisles, it saves us a couple of hundred quid and over 50 hours of our time a year. Reduces the risk of catching nasty bugs a bit too. Many of their products are reduced price for Clubcard customers too.

All this leaves that bit of extra time to hunt down savings on ski trips, which feels much more satisfying. Smile
snow report
We have a Tesco credit card and Clubcard.

Whilst the drop in the rate at which you can now claim points if annoying we do still get two 10% off our shop codes per month, Clubcard deals around the store, 10% of Tesco own branded stuff (pet food in particular) and we still collect points on purchases away from Tesco. Pays for some nice little extras such as Disney+ and magazine subscriptions. Quite happy with it...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy