Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Daft question - Eurotunnel/Ferry

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is there any issue getting ferry out and tunnel back?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Layne, it shouldn't be, you can generally get single fares each way on most providers, it seems the days of getting deals on return tickets are long gone.
am sure on Eurotunnel, there is a confirmation check box to tick if you are inbound only to the UK using Eurotunnel

also, sometimes it is better to buy single legs on various transport providers, as it can be easier to change one leg if plans are altered.

when a group of us go out to le mans 24h this year we are having to get the Brittany ferry out and Eurotunnel back, as we could not get a return ferry crossing from any western French port for the date we need as they were all booked up.
so am having to drive up to Calais from LM, then back to Bath instead of our usual route of returning to Portsmouth via Caen/Cherbourg, though we haven't booked the Eurotunnel leg yet, but there was plenty of availability last time i looked.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No, do it all the time depending on the weather, and we fancy a change from the tunnel, and / or if we're doing a stop-over, and then do the ferry club lounge etc but I do book priority boarding for the ferry.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do this quite regularly when we go across to our place in Normandy, tunnel across as late evening crossing work out better and the ferry back. If you book your return trip from Calais on the tunnel you just have to confirm you are a UK citizen (if crossing by Brittany Ferries drop me a message as always happy to share my membership number which gives you a 10% discount off their fares)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers all, was just mindful sometimes there are bureaucratic issues with these sorts of travel arrangements.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Layne, out if interest what sort if issues ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can't think of any problem, provided you buy single tickets for each crossing. I've just booked a single eurotunnel because I'm not yet sure when, or how, I shall come back. There are - or were - problems with the old "cheap return" tickets which were cheaper than a one-way ticket but valid only for a short visit. If you didn't use the return leg your carriage turned into a pumpkin.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Only problem could be that IF using Tesco Clubcard vouchers on Eurotunnel the journey has to start in the UK
ie. You cannot book a one way Tesco trip from Calais.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@boredsurfin, Yeah, I had a small amount of vouchers which I was hoping to use but didn't seem to want to take the code
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Layne, just make sure you specify where travelling from - before you end up with 2 Dover to Calais tickets Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Layne, Cannot see why there would be a problem. In the past we have taken one ferry out and a different one back. On one occaison about 4 years ago we took the tunnel out with the car and returned as foot passengers on the ferry. After all both the ferry and the tunnel have one way crossing buttons for a reason
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Never had any problems with buying single tickets, esp when not sure of return dates, for both ferry and tunnel. As someone else said, do make sure you select the correct direction - the default is different for the UK and EU websites.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy