Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any Interest In Joining Us On A ski Tour? Lyngen, Norway, May 2023. 4 Day Tour Approx £750 + Travel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mrs B and I have just booked flights and a mountain guide for 4 days lodge-based ski touring from Thursday 11 May to Sunday 14 May 2023 Very Happy . The starting/meeting point for the tour will be in the Arctic Circle, in Lyngseidet, Norway.

As the max group size for the guide is 6, and with us being sociable types, we are wondering if there are any ski touring couples/singles out there who might fancy joining us and sharing the guide cost of £90 to £110 per person per day? (Final cost depends on group size).

Of course you would be free to do your own thing outside of the ski tour but our itinerary is as follows:

- Fly to Tromso on Tues 9 May and arrive early evening. Night in Tromso.
- Wed 10 May travel 90/120 minutes to Lyngseidet - hopefully by bus, though we may hire a car if necessary.
- Thurs 11 May to Sun 14 May - daily ski tour
- Mon 15 May - travel back to Tromso for 16.30 flight home.

We are experienced ski tourers and are age 60. We like to enjoy our days in the mountains, take in the overall experience and climb at a steady rate of about 300/350m an hour. In a day we intend to climb between 1000m and 1500m, enjoy the company, savour the mountains and enjoy a ski descent to sea level Very Happy .

We will be based at Magic Mountain Lodge, Lyngseidet and will meet the guide there each day. The routes will be chosen by the guide, based on the above criteria of speed and overall ascent.

If you are interested in joining the trip, and are happy with our daily touring criteria, please let me know. If you would prefer to discuss things on the phone please drop me a PM and I will let you have my phone number.

Please note that you would be required to book your own accommodation plus travel to the meeting point. We are booked to stay at the MM Lodge (mentioned above) and booked that via Booking.com. Although the cost mentioned in the header is based on 4 people sharing the cost of the guide, plus 4 nights at MM Lodge on a room-only basis in a double room, the lodge does have shared dormitory accommodation available for single travellers (at a significantly reduced cost).

Any questions- please let me know.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 13-04-23 23:04; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is the company we have booked with:-

https://www.norway.aurorabackcountry.com/private-guide
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I’d love to but got something booked. This is a long term dream of best skiing mate and I.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rishie wrote:
I’d love to but got something booked. This is a long term dream of best skiing mate and I.

That's a pity. Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am pleased to report that we now have 2 others joining us on this trip Very Happy.

Can't wait - though we will have to endure another 8 days skiing in Val Thorens between now and then rolling eyes Toofy Grin .
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ooh, I'm slightly tempted by this! Love exploring northern bits of Norway.
No ski touring experience though. I can ski on-piste pretty well and run 10 miles in the hills every weekend so fairly fit, but I guess you do need some more specific technical skills. Perhaps, they do beginner sessions from the lodge too.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy