Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair - luggage question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have a trip out to Madonna this weekend and one of our party can no longer go but the 1 set of ski carriage was booked and allocated against his name - does anyone have any experience of what happens with this on check in - are we going to get charged or queried as the baggage will be allocated to him but he not flying?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you mean:
- it is booked in their name but not paid for, and will now no longer be used; or
- you want to use the ski carriage booked/paid by/for someone no longer flying?

I would have thought the first is not an issue, but the second could be
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ecureuil wrote:
Do you mean:
- it is booked in their name but not paid for, and will now no longer be used; or
- you want to use the ski carriage booked/paid by/for someone no longer flying?

I would have thought the first is not an issue, but the second could be

Yes sorry the 2nd one - in one sense the skis are included as part of the luggage allocation for the whole party - his flight and ski carriage is all paid for but he can’t go so just won’t check him in - I may have to wait until online check in opens and see if can reallocate the baggage as there is no options to change luggage allocations currently and there is nothing on the website that mentions this
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unfortunately Ryanair maintains a firm stance that there's no such thing as a group booking - one ticket is one booking and so on, as such I'm fairly certain you won't be able to reallocate it unless you are able to convince a particularly friendly check in agent but then you risk them charging you the airport check in fee which might work out more than just pre booking the ski carriage beforehand!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
javindo wrote:
Unfortunately Ryanair maintains a firm stance that there's no such thing as a group booking - one ticket is one booking and so on, as such I'm fairly certain you won't be able to reallocate it unless you are able to convince a particularly friendly check in agent but then you risk them charging you the airport check in fee which might work out more than just pre booking the ski carriage beforehand!

Ahh I did think that this may be the case - don’t want to rock up at the airport with skis and then it cost us a fortune as we were planning on renting this time as only for a couple of days - but thought maybe could of utilised his ski carriage.

After this has happened then in future I may be waiting till the last minute to book baggage especially when booking trips where baggage is shared
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You could try their online chat but I think it might just be an AI bot designed to infuriate and wear down your patience as efficiently as possible
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Atomic_Mick, If you get through the chat you may get lucky. If you phrase the chat that you are just letting them know they will have an extra seat available on the plane, (so that they can resell it if they wish) but not expecting any refund, you may be surprised at how they react if you then go on to ask if they can re-allocate a luggage booking allowance. I`m not saying it`ll work but I have found Ryanair more helpful than the general perception if approached in the right way. Good luck.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the replies - I’ll see if I can get hold of a human Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you ask something that the algorithem doesn't understand you will get a human
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You know what result! I tried and got a human on chat - changed over with minimum of fuss at no cost so now taking own skis - thanks once again to snowHead the fonts of all knowledge! Cool
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Atomic_Mick, I`m glad for you. Well done.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Glad you got it sorted,
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well done and fair play (for once;) ) I know it is a pain and costly bringing winter sports equipment and other oversized baggage e.g. Musical Instruments on Ryanair. One one occasion it cost more to bring ski's than it cost for my flight and bag together.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy