Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

18-20 Mar dep to 25-27 March ret

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to squeeze an extra week in. Solo guy, mid 60s, confident intermediate skier, slowing down a bit.
House trained.

Prefer good snow, decent accommodation, catered but flexible on these things….except the good snow.
Don’t mind paying extra for solo room, shared twin fine, not really into quads with bunk beds and 4 per bathroom scene.
Usual destinations Tignes/Val D, 3Vs, Dolomites, Arlberg, Paradiski.
Like travelling, so sorting own arrangements to get somewhere is no problem. Can travel on or between any of the dates above.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I intend going around those dates. Not yet booked. However, I am going back to San Vigilio because I (deliberately) left my skis and boots there when I was last there, and i also have a week or so left on my lift pass for the Dolomites. I am 65. Piste skier. Most runs are fine including blacks but definitely starting to take a break down some of the longer ones.
This might / might not fit in with your plans.
This is what I think of the resort https://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=158987&highlight=san+vigilio
I don't have dates booked / flights booked but am intending to fly Manchester or Edinburgh to Munich (most likely) or possibly Milan / Verona and then train. Leaving UK sometime around this weekend-ish and returning about a week or so later.
I do intend to do the usual Sella Ronda, etc but I have not done this relying on the ski bus before.
Possible snags :
I am pretty well committed to San Vigilio, staying at www.mareo.com which is well located, but not the cheapest. decent quality accommodation. Self catering. I aim to eat out about 50% of the time.
A car is useful to get to other areas but I plan on travelling by train this trip.
It is not a particularly high area and I expect decent skiing in the mornings after overnight freezing, but getting soft in the afternoons and maybe an earlier finish than might be planned.
Whilst I reckon I can get on with most people, I am more and more convinced that i am turning into / have turned into a "grumpy old git"
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@JHS, I'll take a look, thanks. I've only had 1 day skiing at Kronplatz, which started and ended at San Vigilio and was quite impressed overall. In a week, would also want to access the areas on the Sella Ronda. Especially Alta Badia and Val Gardena, from San Vigilio.

I've had a few interesting looking offers for the big Tarentaise areas. Not had chance to look closely at those yet. One factor will be the likely snow conditions and weather forecast for next week.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy