Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2023 Head super Joy SLR + JOY 11 GW ladies skis- any experience or reviews?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone have any experience of these skis? I’m looking for a good carving ski and my Rossignol Nova 6’s just aren’t delivering. My inclination is to go with a Nova 8 or Nova 10- but these Head’s have caught my eye.

Upper intermediate on piste- I want to improve my long radius turns. Nothing too heavy and super stiff as I don’t want to over ski myself, but more than my current skis deliver. All suggestions gratefully received as I want to see if I can find something in the end of season sales.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I bought my wife some in the sales last year from ekosport. I have no idea whether they were 2021, 2022, or even 2020!
She had skied SuperJoys for a number of years and liked how light and responsive they are. She's an intermediate with confidence issues, however this year she was skiing better than ever and did a nice long red all on her own (well... with me following a respectful distance behind)!.

I believe it is all mind over matter for her.. but she loves her SuperJoys
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jamescollings, thanks James. Helpful.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I hired some super joys this winter; I usually hire wider skis as like doing a bit of off piste, but was entirely piste skiing here. I found them, well, a joy Laughing , very easy, predictable and flattering but if you push them there’s enough response and kick out of the turns too which I like. Great for short turns but they were perfectly happy to carve long turns too.
Not sure how different the SLR versions are but I think there’s a good chance you’ll love them.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@swoafs, that’s very helpful. Thanks. That sounds pretty close to exactly what I’m looking for- I may try to find a demo pair somewhere. I really want to be able to get a secure, tight feel on carves, but don’t want something so expert level that it hurts my knees by the end of the day. Many thanks for the response.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Absolutely no knee strain; they’re very very kind skis I would say and a lovely combination of stable yet fun - no problem with hitting the odd patch of slush and very secure on harder stuff although we didn’t really have proper ice our week.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@swoafs,
I have some really good wider more flexible skis that cut through chopped up snow and bumpy soft stuff, but are useless in hard pack. I just wish I could bring a range of skis with me every time! Being 155 cm tall limits my choice in rental skis- we usually drive to the alps but I’ve just come back from three weeks in Canada where it was polished hardpack for the last week. They don’t have anything for hire under 85cm apart from proper slalom race skis! Not in a 149cm anyway..,

Anyway, thanks for the response. It’s hard finding other women to chat to about skis! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy