Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend 18/03-19/03 - where to go? Grand massif?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
2 relatively intermediate snowboarders
Initial plan was to sleep somewhere around Cluses and go to Grand Massif. Given the latest reports it looks to me as it was one of the worst places last weekend. We need to be at the Geneva airport at 5pm on Sunday so I'm trying to avoid anything longer than 1.5hr drive, however, if there is a significant difference in conditions I would rather drive 3hrs but have a good fun on slopes by 2pm.
I know lots may change by Saturday but are there better worse places to be during such weather? We need a few blue slopes at least for start.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
3 Valleys?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@snowyc, I would think Flaine should be holding up okay. Maybe check the Grand Massif thread.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Les Contamines?

Avoriaz (access via Ardent)?

Chamonix? (Choose the area carefully, probably not Grands Montets if you wanted some blues)

Personally if it was a shorter trip and especially just for a weekend there's no way I would want to drive for hours - all of these places are pretty close to GVA and have higher altitude pistes. Though actually, when it's very wet and slushy I think it's nicer to ski on a mix of artificial and natural snow rather than pure natural snow - seems to run a bit faster.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Les Contamines a good suggestion.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I did Grand Montets last year as a skier and I wouldn't go there as a snowboarder (not yet) unless there is nowhere else to go.
I've only been to France once so far so don't know those places at all, e.g. I don't know where the snow is better/worse and more/less windy.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
come to Grand Massif, all the snow will not melt in five days Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If Flaine conditions hold up it's comparatively quick to get there from the A40/ Cluses or stop at Le Carroz (if snow ok as it's lowish) on way to Flaine for access to GM.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Based on reports on this forum from last weekend it seemed to me as GM was the worst resort in the area (wind, closed lifts), so trying to find an alternative if the next weekend is similar or worse.
Unless I misinterpreted the reports.
Tbf GM is what I had planned until last Saturday.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Any changes in recommendations given the latest forecast for this weekend? For now the plan is grand massif tomorrow.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy