Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski binding delta

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been using my shifts this week after spending several weeks this season on griffons. I feel like I'm battling constantly to keep centred. on the cat tracks while just traversing my thighs burn out terrible.
There's 3mm difference with the shifts at 7mm and the griffons at 4mm. could the 3mm be the issue?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mother hucker, Highly probable, especially with your short bsl. Easy job to put manufacture/supply/install appropriate thickness Shift toe shims and appropriately longer screws. Or I've got shims blanks in 2mm, 3mm, 4mm 5mm & 6mm in stock plus screws for a DIY job.

I've have a 6mm shim under my Shift toes to raise me up to a 2mm delta with my Mercury AT boots.

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
that answers that. I'll pop down and see you when I'm back.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I could not ski shifts w/o the 6mm toe shims I have from Jon.
That's with AT boots. Alpine soles would sit flat. Gripwalk likely similar to AT.

That said, even 2mms of delta delta make a big difference to me.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@danbre2022, how did the 2mm effect you? I'm OK if I'm skiing hard down some tricker terrain. it's when I'm just cruising my thighs are burning out when I'd expect them to be chilling out
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,
well, without the 5.5mm shims I could ski the shifts, but at the price of severe thigh burn, and that is coming from somebody with powerful legs. Boot forward lean factors in here, too. Mine are 15 degrees. If your skis have soft tips or a forwardish mount, too much delta can make you feel like going over the handlebars. Mount point and delta actually are related in terms of what they do. the more forward, the flatter you want to stand. more back, you can likely tolerate more lean.
So yes, you will be able to ski more relaxed with shims. If you overdo it, you may find it difficult to initiate tight turn and pressure the tips. you can't go wrong with some 4mms to start with.
I can actually even tell a single mm. I use 2mm shims on Wardens and would like 3mms there. Just installed 2.5mms under Tecton toes this morning. If you are in the UK, spare yourself the hassle and buy from thepisteoffice/jon with screws and everything.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@danbre2022, lucky for me I live 5 mins from Jon. I work hard on my leg strenth and capacity for riding MTB it's not a fitness issue and i'm not back seat either.
In the powder today I never noticed a thing but as soon as I went on firm pisted snow thigh burn with in minutes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy