Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler Creekside

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As mentioned on some of the other threads, my girlfriend and I are going to Whistler for the season and have been looking for season-long accommodation. snowHead snowHead snowHead

We have just been offered the chance to share a room in a townhouse at Whistler Creekside (Nordic Highlands) for the coming season, $750 CDN for the two of us..... Smile

Could anyone in the know give me their opinion on whether on not they think this is a good deal? My first impressions are that it is but would be grateful for a second (or third or forth) opinion!

Cheers snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Our 2 bedroom almost ski-in/ski-out appartment in the upper village (blackcomb) is going to cost us (with negotiation!) CDN$3000 per month, I got quoted $2000 to $2500 per month for 1 to 2 bedroom places in Creekside.

Stuart

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 23-07-04 8:31; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks stuarth.

Does anyone know the approx cost of IntraWest staff housing during the winter season?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Intrawest should tell you that with out a prob. But look here first for good info. http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/employment/residence/
Soudns like a pretty good deal to me, and there will be lots of staff who have to live much further out.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah...already had a look on that website but its just got the summer rates. Thought about the offer some more and think we're going to go for it. Very Happy snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i have rented a place in whistler and need people to split the rent it is about 5 mins walk from the village and 10 mins walk from the slopes. i am looking for 4 people 2 per room it works out to be £1950 per person for 6 months, thats £325 per month, that is including all bills as well. It really is a good location i paid £2500 last year by going through a british company but i went straight to the source this year hence it being much much cheaper. for more info on it go to www.snowboardom.com
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm going to Whistler for the 04/05 season, it'll be my first season and i'm going to be alone for the first few weeks. I know i'm being a big girlie wimp, but what r the suggestions for a season virgin? I'm going through BUNAC & was told by them that most of the employers provide accomodation, however since that meeting (about 6 months ago) i am hearing otherwise! I'm now panicing slightly (which is annoying because it's interferring with my excitement)! Could anyone help me and give me some advise?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Never done a season either - but I too am planning on heading to Whistler for the season (Start of Jan to end of April). Fortunately I don't have to work so no visa or work worries for me Cool
I'm sure it's on a whistler discussion somewhere but check out th chat section of http://www.natives.co.uk for info on living and working there.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You NEED to be in Whistler in time for the job fair (look at the intrawest site for details) to realistically have any chance of getting into staff housing. It is oct/nov time, not sure when this season. Also, it wont do you any harm to pre-register your resume with them and have a 1 on 1 interview pre-booked. They do try and give all first year staff accomodation who want it (Assuming you are going to work for the mountain?). But you will need money to tide you over until the start of the sesason if you go in time for the job fair as there wont be work immediately. Most private businesses in Whistler (expcet for Intrawest and the Chateau) do NOT have staff housing). Hope that helps. snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Check out the local Whistler weekly newspaper online:

http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/pique/index.php?cat=C_Classifieds

hope this helps Wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanx guys Very Happy ,

I'm leaving mid Oct to see some relatives in Vancouver, which means i'll be able to go to the job fair and i have already seen that u can book an interview, which i plan on doing.

For anyone with past experience in Whistler - do i have to book hostel accomodation very far in advance? As that is how i was planning to live to start with.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes, book it soon as you have sorted your dates. Everyone will be doing teh same thing, ie getting to town for teh jobfair and staying in a hostel until accomodation is sorted. IMHO, i would look at the UBC lodge, rather than the Boot. Hope that helps.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cheers Robbie, i'll get on the case!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy