Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car hire Geneva/French side

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hired a car from the French side at Geneva airport by mistake I usual hire from the Swiss side but after reading the paperwork correctly I realised the mistake I ave until tomorrow to cancel for free So the question is should I or just go with it my only concern is collecting the car and dropping off at French side as have never done it before thanks Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's no particular problem picking up or dropping off on the French side. But if your destination is snowy you might wish you had winter tyres......
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Kay2613, turn sharp left after leaving the luggage claim area and go up the stairs (or use the lift) once you have gone through border control the hire desks are straight in front of you. No need to get a shuttle bus as the cars are just down stairs. For the return. follow signs for Ferney-Voltaire. After you pass under the runway fill up at the service staion, then after another 50 or so metres do a U turn at the roundabout, then turn off right more or less immediately and follow the road to the hire car drop off place. The important thing to remeber is to ignore all signs to the airport and concentrate on signs to Ferney-Voltaire

I know others will disagree, but I find it simpler than accessing the Swiss side.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As Pam says the main issue is not having snow tyres as standard on the French side.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
you'll be fine. you need to consider paying 40 or so euros for a swiss vignette or avoid swiss motorways, other than it's almost no difference (apart from winter tyres already mentioned)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Some cars on the French side now come with winter tyres, you just need to check when booking. If you’re lucky the previous renter may have left a vignette in the car as happened to us a few months ago, otherwise it’s as easy to rent from the French side as it is the Swiss.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the only issue is if your flight home isn't the same day they won't let you back into the airport to get to the Swiss side, which is a *Very* expensive taxi ride!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've found the french side quicker (no wait for shuttle bus) and usually cheaper. Google map/GPS gets you round to the french side without issue. Some (europcar) have been charging about 90 euros for snow chains for a week.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you only have cabin baggage you walk directly airside. There is rarely a queue at security at the french side.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy