Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it time to banish the word Fat Skis?

Poster: A snowHead
https://unofficialnetworks.com/2023/02/25/letter-to-the-editor-stop-using-the-term-ft-skis/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thats 2 words.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
“I have a friend who thinks he may be stout. What can the panel suggest to help…. him?”
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't want to live on this planet any more.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
On my way to Avoriaz. I shall call my Preachers fat and see if they are offended.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quoted from publication

"Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Fat Beth from Maine"

I think we've met Very Happy

Completely the wrong end of the stick though, it's always been Phat-skis and with no connection to body shaming etc NehNeh
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Surely satire?

What actually constitutes a fat ski these days anyway? Just like waist sizes the average seems to be bigger than ever.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

http://youtube.com/v/VMnjF1O4eH0
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The real reason to banish it is that its so broad a church as to be meaningless. The original mass market "fat" skis were the Pocket Rockets at a stupendous 90mm wide. Nowadays that's in piste biased all mountain range while true powder skis are 30mm wider or more.

Sorry for the boring answer the clear answer is just to rename them generously upholstered skis.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
Surely satire?
No. Deadly serious in the context of the world we live in - Roald Dahl book rewrites etc wink

We just can't have kids - or skis - called fat any more. It's far too harmful rolling eyes

And now it's classic Ladybird books that could be for the chop Shocked

Quote:
The publisher is said to have identified ‘outdated or harmful’ characters and plots. Industry insiders say issues include too many blonde-haired, blue-eyed protagonists, fears of class discrimination, a lack of racially diverse main characters and ageism as villains are often old and ugly, The Sunday Telegraph claimed. ‘Love at first sight’ could be axed so children learn looks alone do not make someone worthy of romance. Damsels in distress could also go.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
The real reason to banish it is that its so broad a church as to be meaningless. The original mass market "fat" skis were the Pocket Rockets at a stupendous 90mm wide. Nowadays that's in piste biased all mountain range while true powder skis are 30mm wider or more.

Sorry for the boring answer the clear answer is just to rename them generously upholstered skis.

Or, just big boned Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Im noticing the Germanism "thick" evolving as a more acceptable version of the F word...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Reminds me of "As thick as two short planks", which was a subtitute for the hard of thinking.

The first fat skis I tried were Head Monster 88's, and I received comments along the lines of "You're skiing on piste with those", the next were K2 Comback 101's

I would now substitue "Powder" for "Fat" rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@shiva_71, Thicc seems to be in common use stateside these days, mainly, AFAICT, referring to Hugh Jarse and his friends, and in a positive way, which frankly baffles me. Still, each to their own, I guess.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I like the ring of "body positive skis"
snow report
Surely, the appropriate term is "lardy skis"

I'm not sure the other term "tradditionally built" would work for skis
latest report
I'm a fat b as tard and ski on skinny skis .
snow report
my wife wants a 'slalom' waist.....
at the moment she's super G.
snow conditions
As my OH has just pointed out, FatMaps next Laughing
ski holidays
I think one will find they are called "Phat Skis" Laughing
ski holidays
My vote is Fat Bikes next rolling eyes
latest report
I've been waiting for some pedant to actually point out that "Fat skis" is actually 2 words.........
ski holidays
@KenX, one like the very first post in reply to the OP?
latest report
PowderAdict wrote:

They were a bit of a fad really. Fun to ride for a little while, but ultimately pretty pointless unless you’re riding sand or snow regularly. They’ll probably just die out in general mountain biking.
snow report
PowderAdict wrote:

Should e-bikes be renamed as 'fat bikes'? Laughing
snow conditions
@Richard_Sideways, Laughing
ski holidays
Surely this is a little tongue in cheek?
ski holidays
porkies
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
my current porkies have a 106 girth
snow report
@tele,
Quote:

Should e-bikes be renamed as 'fat bikes'?

No, perhaps E-bikes should be renamed gay bikes for the un-woke amongst us! Shocked (despite them being a very good idea)
snow report
Batt-bikes maybe?

If my Prince Fatty albums get renamed as just Prince albums it's going to cause all kinds of confusion in the record collection
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy