Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers from Turin to Peisey-Nanchoix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm looking for a cheap way to get from Turin Airport to Peisey- Nanchoix Sat 11th and return on the 18th. I can't find anything on the Internet that doesn't require a month's salary!

Any thoughts
TIA

Colette
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It’s a hike, that’s for sure.

A few years back I needed to get from Tignes to Turin. My route was:
- Tignes to Bourg St Maurice by bus.
- Bourg St Maurice to Chambery by train.
- Chambery to Turin by train.

Probably an overall transfer time of 6 to 7 hours including waits in between as the whole thing wasn’t entirely joined up.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Given Peisey itself offers its own set of logistical problems, have you considered hiring a car?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fly to Chambery Very Happy

Joking aside, the train route from Turin to and through Modane is the main international route into France for that area, onward from there it meets the train line (looks like one station) that travels to Tarantaise valley for piesey.

Connect station is Montmèlian I can see on the map, both train from Modane and train to Tarantaise should pass through there in opposite direction.

Now whether you can connect the two ?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Route on here https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Turin/Montm%C3%A9lian
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Then connect to Landry https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Montm%C3%A9lian/Landry

Just leaving you to get up the hill to Peisey.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks, everyone for your help! I decided hiring a car was the quickest, cheapest and easiest option.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Even that's not easy/cheap. Probably 150 miles each way via Frejus tunnel. Plus road and tunnel tolls.

Peisey itself is pretty much snow free* at present (although some more forecast from Wednesday onwards) so probably okay without chains. But not sure if you have to have them with you just in case.

*Just about enough on the piste, although quite a few runs are closed
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Forgot to say to be wary of car sat nav unless it specifically has a winter setting. It may try to send you over a closed pass!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy