Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stupid question re Oakley goggles,

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I feel so stupid having to ask this, but my husband bought me fab Oakley Prism googles, most suitable for low light, ( the very pink pale ones) So as we head into spring, I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to buy a different lense for the goggles, . Now the stupid Part, Is I can't find exactly which goggles I have, flight deck, or whatever, Of course I have lost the original paperwork, is there somewhere on the goggles that tells me which ones I have?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@biddpyat, post a photo? There's nothing on my oakleys
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nope, mine neither. Either see if you can identify them yourself from the Oakley website (be aware some models have multiple sizes), or post a photo and we'll all have a go.

Or were they purchased online, in which case there may be a receipt in his email, or a past orders list on the account?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could look on SportRX and see if you spot them?

Remember, if you have Flight Decks, there are 2 sizes - which have remained the same, but the name keeps changing.

I don't think the name is on the Goggles. It would have been on the box, but you have probably binned that.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yea I did, Ill try and post a photo, I LOVE the goggles, but I do need a different lense for bright days,
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@biddpyat, at this time of year I would go for a second pair of goggles rather than a change of lens. It can be a right pain changing some Oakley goggles and a real risk that you smudge the delicate coating on the inside of the lens. And doing it on the hill can be a faff. There are plenty of discounts around.

Eg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OAKLEY-FLIGHT-TRACKER-SKI-GOGGLES/144966295477?hash=item21c0aa1fb5:g:nx4AAOSwIPZj~jcM&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAoEq/FHcw2soD8bEX2Dep+SYqtvdmzEUeDeJGxIc9R+CKW4E5DFA/jlIO1Y0oQnmKGYuikTIk1zsJ0+7N4zh4ZP0L5h/5RzlGTGIt8AB7NAiirb5rej1y5c6PAzXlqddMAG9gnNy8cdb4CXhzEOChFoioTtFZRNoUvPWTX3Vgn/5vR/1NjpnOZAYs5w9GFOoPQbFKCBlEFAQDktYNRV/ViMk=%7Ctkp:Bk9SR_6Yl4_VYQ&pageci=95675c45-ec99-4191-bdfe-44229f2f1dcf&redirect=mobile

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 3-03-23 20:30; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lenses can be pretty expensive and not always readily available - so you might consider getting a second pair, in an end of season sale, with Prizm Torch/Sapphire/Jade. Either way, it's best to get your Goggles identified.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@valais2, That link has a suitable Prizm Jade lens, in new goggles, for £88, which is little more than a lens on its own....and could be a very sensible way to go, even if not with those particular ones.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Old Fartbag, indeed...I like Prizm Jade a lot for sunny days....and then Rose Prizm for amazing acuity in clag. It’s a bit of a toss up for me in really low light - Hi Yellow or Hi Pink Prizm...much the same for me but I know other people feel that they are quite different. OP.....you could also go for some Bolle wide field goggles such as Emperors in Red Torch. When you get to Cat 3 the lens performance across different manufactureres tend to even out.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy