Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotunnel on 31 March and then driving to Portes Du Soleil on Saturday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi It's been while since I travelled in peak half term time by car, should I definitely expect 3 hrs delays to get to Folkestone on Friday afternoon ?

The plan is to be at M1xM25 junction at around 2-3pm, what is the best time to book Eurotunnel for then (~1.5 hrs drive without traffic from that point) ?
The cheapest tickets are from 8pm I believe, or that would be too late, I may not get an earlier departure in this period - better to buy lets say 6pm departure and posssibly be late ?

Then I plan to drive to F1 in Reims, stay overnight and then hit the road early in the morning - hoping to get the skis before rentals close on Saturday.

Does it all sound reasonable given I can't leave earlier and need to be at the hotel on the 1st ?

Any other tips for a mostly French summer holidays driver?

p.s. Going back mid week 11-12 apr, I suppose there shouldn't be any issues then, dodging both UK return traffic and French school holidays start/finish ? Cool
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
31 March isn’t peak season. It’s a Friday so M25 will be busy. I would say allow 2.5 hours to get to tunnel. Book for 17.30?

Once you are through Reims is c.2.5 hours. Early start (0600?) would have you in the PDS after 5.5 hours driving time so say 14.00 allowing for stops/faffing.

All entirely straight forward.

Going home should be quiet.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks a lot, this is quite reassuring.

Just curious, why is 31st not peak, start of 2 week school holidays, or it only gets busy in the summer? Eurotunnel website warns it will be ..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@nnnnnn,

I'd do your very best to get to M1/M25 jcn for 2pm. Might make a big difference getting around the stretch to Dartford Crossing if you are an hour or two later.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Easter is slightly less busy than Feb half term. The worst bit will be the M25/M20 on Friday afternoon.

That week is also not a school holiday in France, so you've only got the Dutch and Belgium drivers to worry about. And so there should be fewer traffic jams on the A40 near Geneva.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy