Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Poor conditions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I guess conditions are improving. 🌨
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jbob wrote:
I guess conditions are improving. 🌨

6 years of good conditions, eh? Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This reviving ancient posts seems to be the new fashion. The previous post to jbob's was Annehillskiing in 2006! 10 years ago!
Certainly poor conditions here in west London - been pouring rain all day: puddles getting big enough to sail boats in.
Not looking forward to first day back at work tomorrow . . . Sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
La Plagne late February 1991 I think, no snow at resort level, hard crust higher up, cold temperatures but this was before large scale snowmaking.

Pas de la Casa March 1998, less than half of the resort open, brown patches everywhere, but at least it was sunny and nice.

Cervinia February 2012, very high temperatures (+18º), slushy patchy snow at all levels, better on the Zermatt side, but lovely sunny T-shirt weather.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Best conditions on the older posts ?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We'll probably find this thread quoted in the Daily Fail as evidence over 10 years that skiing is doomed Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Never missed a days skiing but spent one day around Avoriaz skiing in the rain. It was early March a couple of years ago. Not the best experience but I was only there for 3 days so just got on with it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
been skiing for 30 years..only had 1 day when the resort lifts were shut and no skiing to be had, in Champoluc a few years ago the main lift was shut in the morning, but we skied a lower resort until it opened in the afternoon, otherwise i've been pretty lucky, once met a chap in Sauze who had done a week stuck in snow, so no skiing...., then a week later he did a week in a resort that shut due to high winds !!! not a happy chap.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yorkshirelad wrote:
once met a chap in Sauze who had done a week stuck in snow, so no skiing...., then a week later he did a week in a resort that shut due to high winds !!! not a happy chap.

Lost 2 and a half days to high winds in Sauze last year... Cry
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
May have missed a few more due to hangovers though.

Surely that's a fine Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I guess as holiday skiers you get a slightly skewed opinion Vs those doing a season as with the former you pay you money and take your chances. I've done 2 seasons one in Canada and one in Austria neither were lean or epic by any measure but of course you get to experience the full spectrum over a season.

Since being a 'holiday' skier and getting 3-4 weeks in per season I've been lucky, the earliest I've skied in the last 5-6 years was Christmas week (due to friends being teachers) 2009 and there almost too much snow with lift closures and avalanche risk. I'd probably not risk going that early again as the current trend seems to that the winter is starting later.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A bad day on the snow beats a good day in the office! snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Does anybody know what happened to Johnboy?
He used to be a regular, witty and informative poster but I see it's almost a year since he last posted.
I hope nothing bad happened Shock(
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I can't remember too far back, but of the last five years we've had poor to excellent snowcover, never bad. On the weather front I would say that 11/30 days were atrocious. Either visibility so poor you couldn't tell if you were moving or torrential rain. Most of those days were in March 2015 and March 2013.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy