Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmet with or without visor?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Apart from looking like a knob in them they are... actually that's the only reason not to get one.

Seriously though they aren't as good as you would imagine if you wear glasses. My mate struggled with his one as it would knock into his glasses each time he opened/ closed the visor. He returned it and bought a Salomon helmet goggles in one. Loves it to bits as you pull the goggles out then up to remove them. He did get some steaming issues but that's because he wasn't riding fast enough!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mid4656 wrote:
swskier wrote:
I don't use one, and personally I think they look really bad! Laughing but I can understand why you'd use one, particularly if you wear glasses.

I think they look even worse when the visor is up and the user has sun glasses on instead.

Better get used to them because I believe they are the future. Once the top racers start using them, which will happen one day, it will be game over for goggles.

I don't think top racers will use them - they won't provide sufficient wind protection at race speeds. Streaming eyes not a good option on a race course
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I love my visor helmet, as a glasses wearer soo much better than goggles and for me and better than google over contact lenses, as the field of vision is greater.

with my regular glasses I'd occasionally bump the side of the frame on the visor flipping it up, but I now use my (photochromic) cycling glasses under the photochromic visor, so being shaped better that is no longer an issue, plus I then have sunnies for lunchtime etc. and can ski with visor up with no eye streaming issues.

Bargain too, I got a Cairn one off sportpursuit for about £90.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jedster wrote:
Mid4656 wrote:
swskier wrote:
I don't use one, and personally I think they look really bad! Laughing but I can understand why you'd use one, particularly if you wear glasses.

I think they look even worse when the visor is up and the user has sun glasses on instead.

Better get used to them because I believe they are the future. Once the top racers start using them, which will happen one day, it will be game over for goggles.

I don't think top racers will use them - they won't provide sufficient wind protection at race speeds. Streaming eyes not a good option on a race course

What about motorbike riders, they don't have separate goggles. Actually, they did at one time but the helmets evolved to having a visor, same for F1.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mid4656 wrote:
jedster wrote:
Mid4656 wrote:
swskier wrote:

What about motorbike riders, they don't have separate goggles. Actually, they did at one time but the helmets evolved to having a visor, same for F1.

A M/C or F1 helmet is full face so the visor seals top and bottom, a ski helmet isn't, so the point being made is you may get a bit of wind up a visor that you don't get with googles, which seal to the face / nose.

Having not skied at full race speeds I cant comment with authority, but its not an issue for recreational skiing and given the designs of the bottom of visors, I cant see much wind getting under it and certainly not directly at ones eyes which would be the problem.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
holidayloverxx, gotta look good for the gram!
Many a true word spoken in jest. A sad indictment of modern-day society... rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mid4656 wrote:
jedster wrote:
Mid4656 wrote:
swskier wrote:

That's road / track bikes, all off road plus discipline like mtb dh use goggles. Visor is a complete pain in these activities.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mid4656 wrote:
jedster wrote:
Mid4656 wrote:
swskier wrote:

Have you ever worn a motorcycle helmet? It's completely different to a ski helmet with a visor!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Seen lots of people on skis with helmet/visors. Not seen any skiers with helmet/visors.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy