Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How many pairs of skis do you have?

How many pairs of skis do you have?
No skis
13%
 13%  [ 15 ]
1 pair
26%
 26%  [ 30 ]
2 pairs
21%
 21%  [ 25 ]
3 pairs
13%
 13%  [ 15 ]
4 pairs
7%
 7%  [ 9 ]
5 pairs
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
6 pairs
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
7 pairs
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
8 pairs
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
9 or more pairs
8%
 8%  [ 10 ]
Voted : 115
Total Votes : 115

Poster: A snowHead
It's wednesday so I thought I'd start another poll! snowHead

Today's question is "How many pairs of skis do you own?"

For the purposes of this poll a pair of skis, a pair of blades and a snowboard all count as "a pair of skis". I think we should only count skis that are currently skiable. I've learnt my lesson and this time I'm using all the options I've been given.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 21-06-06 13:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You need to change "9" to "9 or above" else SZK won't be able to include his shop full of them wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No skis as yet, though I'm hoping to change that this season Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
2 pairs of skis and a snowboard snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FenlandSkier, good point...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Okay - who put down 9 or more pairs - is that you SZK? snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I sort of have four. Still to recieve my seths. Selling atomic triplets and Volkl Supersport. So I'll have 2 pairs as of next week seths and Scott p3s.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Personally 4 as a family (of 4) 12
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
12 pairs. surely half of those must be rock skis. Shocked
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
9 pairs that my wife and I share.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
4 pairs 1 each for dry slope
2 pairs daughters snow skis
2 pairs daughters race skis
2 pairs his and hers snow skis
2 pairs blades
1 pair my twin tips

can't add up that should be 13
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
chris, do you love them all equally, or do you have favourites?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just the one pair Sad

I feel so inadequate now where's that S & R catalogue ?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
2 pairs for me Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
abv, I'd look at this as an opportunity wink
snow conditions
7 pairs ( 8 if you count my roller skis) - make that 9 I'm getting some new tele skis this week - forgot about those.

1 pair Rossi free venture blades
1 pair Atomic TC9 At skis
1 pair Fischer Boundless Nordic touring skis
2 pairs rock skis (one I've never used, but you never know ehne you might need a pair of rockskis)
1 pair Salomen XC skis -fishscale base for iffy snow
1 pair Fischer waxing XC skis - entry level classic racing ski bought last year and not used in anger
1 pair Fischer TStingray tele skis from a couple of seasons ago - old stock, buying them this week will get them bound with 7TMs this weekend while i'm at Cairngorm for the midsummer snowpatch ski and barbecue
1 pair pro-ski S3 roller skis
ski holidays
2 pairs for me. Latest being Atomic Izors 168cm snowHead
snow report
1 pair. I'm not counting some 18 year old (hardly used) skis I'd never think of skiing now (or my 45 year old nostalgic pair for that matter!).
Still, my current off-piste Volant Chubbs, though OK on piste are a long way from being carvers. I was very tempted by the Nordica Hot-Rod, Nitrous I tried at the MK snowhead ski trials. They are multi-purpous skis, so I might actually use them (or what ever has replaced them).... So easy to carve with.....
Are we doing an MK snowHead ski trial this summer?
snow conditions
2 pairs at the moment, Volkl 5*, and some older Atomic's for rockhopping in Scotland
latest report
I don't have any Sad but I am starting to get tempted. Not sure what to get tho'. Confused
snow report
IncogSkiSno, go have fun trying some out - Mrs H loves her K2 Burnin' Luvs and skibod seems fond of the One Luvs. Or you could wait for a snowHead to randomly suggest a pair at you (worked well for me).
snow conditions
Can you go into EB and ask to try them, as I am off to MK on 4th July?
ski holidays
b5's, M:EX's & Sugar Daddy's plus Deb's Burnin' Luvs.

Plus an old knackered pair that have been used to practice binding mounting, base repairs & blown edge repairs.
snow report
IncogSkiSno, never tried it myself - but the worst that can happen is they'll say 'no'.

spyderjon, the Burnin' Luvs are Deb's skis not your skis Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Four pairs all with a considerable number of days underfoot:

Rossi 9S which date from the Ark, if not before
Dynastar 4x4 vertical with around 150 days on them... maybe more. More P-Tex than base despite taking them into the shop this winter for a thermomoulage
Atomic 9.22 - were really great for the first 40 days but since then have got really floppy, around 100 days total... maybe a bit more
Atomic TM10 - short, thin misery sticks - about 30 days on these
snow report
IncogSkiSno, K2 Luvs are the way to go!

Now, do you want the pink flowers on black (One Luvs like me!) or the red and orange ones (Burnin' like Mrs H)???

Have to say, on looks I'd go for the Burnin' Luvs, but if you are ever tempted to go on one of Kramer's little 'ooh you'll be fine, just don't look down Shocked jaunts, you might like the extra flex of the One Luvs. Exactly the same dimensions and radius, etc, just a bit less stiff so better for soft / slushy / off piste.... and more forgiving, which is always nice ~ although not quite forgiving enough as one particularly painful and spectacular face plant in front of whole group (and on a flat bit rolling eyes ) proved!!
ski holidays
Oi SkiBod, it's not 4 o'clock yet, back to work with you.
snow report
IncogSkiSno, you might want to check out online the models EB stock
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
two pair Fischer RX8 which I love and Legend 4800 which I'd like to swap for legend 8000 or antoher mid fat ski now i've got Rx8 for on piste and I have two skis.
ski holidays
OK, I'll play

Atomic SX11 (170cm) - don't get much use these days since I go off piste at any opportunity but great for on piste stuff
Dynastar Legend Pro (186cm) - great in all conditions except moguls and maybe tight trees (but I think it's the rider as much as anything for the latter)
Atomic Powder Cruise (190cm) - a bit of an ebay impulse buy. must get rid at some point.

In the market for proper touring skis for next year (the Legend Pros have Fritschi bindings but I am not hard enough to enjoy skinning on them for more than an hour or so). Quite fancy 179cm soft Bro Models with Dynafit bindings at the mo...
snow report
Hoppo Hmm, they only have these, which look very nice etc. Not sure if the size is right for me, and whether or not they are for my level of skiing.

http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/700440||@cSkis@bK2|0|user|1,0,0,1|6|
latest report
IncogSkiSno, no - they'd be too soft for you, they're a beginners/early intermediate ski (hence the 'green' labelling)
snow report
IncogSkiSno, I'd just treat it as practice for trying out skis: in walk in, ask them if they have any skis you can try out, answer questions as posed... it's midsummer - they probably don't have anyone to talk to wink
ski holidays
cathy, Ah right, I'll do as Hoppo suggests. I might ask Phil he'll know what's best for me after he's seen my attempts at skiing and then get them in resort. snowHead
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno,

Why not wait till next year and buy them in resort.

I rented a pair I like last year and then bought them. This was on the understanding that I would get a refund on the day's rental.
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, Here's the link to the K2 ski site ~ all the T:9 range are the women specific Luvs

The ranking is

First Luv (beginner)
Sweet Luv
True Luv
One Luv
Burnin Luv
Lotta Luv (expert)

They then have

Phat Luv (powder ski)

Miss Demeanors (twin tip park and pipe)
snow conditions
B2's bought this year (but an 04/05 model)
old paid of Rossignol Viper K's almost straight and probably a rock ski if I ever get to Scotland again!
ski holidays
SkiBod, Thanks for that, I think I'd probably need the same as you, what size are yours as I seem to remember you were the same height as me?
ski holidays
Me: Fischer BigStix 8.6, Atomic Sugar Daddies, Volkl 724EXP
Wife: Volkl 724EXS, Atomic ReX
Son: Armada somethings and Salomon something else
Daughter: Head Mojo and Salomon whatevers.

I can't help feeling that I need a pair of UberFats and I know that the boy wants some Blades!
ski holidays
Hoppo, I've not found any ski's yet that I can truly say I love. Maybe I've been unlucky and there is a pair out there I can give my heart to. Early last season I thought it was 'love at first sight' when catching a glimpse of a pair of B3's but no, they were a little overweight and being the shallow person that I am, I moved quickly along. There have been many one night (day) stands, shadowy experiences that were meaningless and I'm not proud when admitting that I only used them when snowlevels were low (love on the rocks). Once or twice these kind of experiences have bitten back and left me a broken and bruised man, nothing less than I deserve! Ever hopeful, the new season awaits.....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy