Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots - calling CEM, Zookeepers, etc.

brian
brian
Going to head along to Blues tomorrow night for the start of their summer half price boot clearance.

Apart from get a comfy pair, any words of wisdom ?

Recommended models, ones to avoid, etc.

TIA Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
brian, get a white pair with a red cross of St George on them - go on - you know you want to Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Ray Zorro, Laughing

He's St Jordi of Barcelona as well you know.

Visca Barca i Visca Catalunya !!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
depends on foot shape and don't expect to never be back once you have bought em. I myself got some tecnica diablo flames at the end of last season and had a couple of weeks on em. I got a bit of rubbing on my left ankle so got one shell stretched (£5). As a result of this the boot felt a bit loose. So the tech put a V shaped piece of foam behind the liner and fitted a booster strap, for the cost of the booster. Now they feel much tighter and there is no real gap at the shin or heel lift Laughing . So the moral of this storey is go somewhere you'd be prepared to go back too and don't get boots that are too stiff, Those Diablo race 130's might look great but they'll hold u back. Laughing
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Edmundh009, thanks. Going back is no problem, I use them for ski servicing anyway.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have you thought about nevis sport. Don't know what their boot fitting is like though.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brian, it is impossible to comment fully without having your feet in front of me, the most iportant thing is that the correct size and shape for your feet, flex should match your ability/body weight (although this can be adjusted by a good bootfitter) tell them you want the boot fitting, you are looking for advice on footbeds etc. etc. and be honest about your skiing. take advice on size and model, but be prepared to leave if you are not confident in what they are telling you, ie if the boot feels loose anywhere when it is new it is almost certainly the wrong size or model. Sorry i can't offer much more help but as said many time i need to have your feet in front of me to give you the best advice.

also beware of 1/2 price sales the boot is only a bargain if it fits properly

good luck Toofy Grin
snow report
 brian
brian
CEM, thanks.

Unfortunately my feet very rarely find themselves in Oxfordshire. Blues used to be a good place for boots I think so fingers crossed I'll find some expertise.

Edmundh009, got my last pair in Nevisport (a long time ago). Frankly the guy was fairly hopeless but I'd already tried numerous boots in another shop and just took advantage of their price.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brian, they always used to be, if you can get hold of Catriona then she is probably the girl to sort you out, i know she still works fpr the company as a buyer, but not sure how much time she spends on the shop floor
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Heh - I was in Bicester on Friday night (halfway on the way to Wales - stopped at Cherwell service station!). We ended up going there to get a curry from the "Taj Mahal" - as the food at Cherwell services looked dire.
Anyway, as it turns out, my new boots gave me hell round the back of my ankles, rubbed the cr@p out of them to leave some nasty holes! Perhaps next time i'm en route I should stop by....
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
eddyr, you ate dinner 100yards away from the office
snow report
 brian
brian
CEM, Catriona was there and sorted me out with a nice pair of Salomon X-Wave 10s. My last boots were Salomons as well, must have Salomon shaped feet Confused Half price too Very Happy

Was going to mention your name but realised I didn't know it, d'oh ! "Heard about you from a guy on the net posts as C-E-M", it's just too wierd !

Thanks snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
brian, hope they ski well, enjoy...crazy thing is if you said to her bootfitter in oxfordshire she would probably have know it was me
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy