Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet 2024 winter flights

Poster: A snowHead
Just a quick one.

When are EasyJet most likely to release flights for next winter? Had a quick look online but no luck.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Who knows!
Last year it was 1st week of March
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great. Thanks for the reply Eh oh!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We were due to go Christmas 2021, and I booked our flights on the 1st of April, which was the day that that week was released.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Grantley1988, if you haven't done it already, you can sign up for an email alert from EJ, that will tell you just as the flights are released.

they do seem to mix it up from year to year, to keep us on our toes for some reason Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
easyJet always used to release winter flights in mid to late March pre-Covid, but it's been a bit different since then which I think was to help with cashflow while travel was suppressed.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Might be worth reposting this link, they normally start dropping hints on it about a month out:

https://www.easyjet.com/en/schedule-release
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
worth keeping an eye on flyer talk or someone who is easyjet plus member, as I think they get a small window before general release.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Used to be though if you get in there quick you could nab really good prices, but seems the last few years they were already bumping up prices for peak dates (ie half term)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gored wrote:
worth keeping an eye on flyer talk or someone who is easyjet plus member, as I think they get a small window before general release.

I’m an EJ Plus member - I think we’re supposed to get early notice (not that I’ve really noticed) but no early access.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
9th march apparently.

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Remember, Easter is March 31st next year!
Could be interesting with such a small window between avoiding French half term & Easter break!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
andy from embsay wrote:
9th march apparently.

Cheers!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Assuming Peak dates are best booked in advance and the remainder play a wait and see game?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for this - calendar alert added. Any idea what time these go on sale?
ski holidays
Thanks for the tip off!
ski holidays
@franga, in the past it was pretty early morning but as others have said, it's a little unpredictable
ski holidays
Thanks for the tip off
I had registered for email notification but have not received anything

thanks again
ski holidays
Keep it quiet or they'll rapidly shoot up in price Big Wink
ski holidays
Will do
Though I’ve just seen it on Martin Lewis website
snow report
I haven’t seen anything released as of yet?
latest report
L0ve2ski wrote:
I haven’t seen anything released as of yet?

becuase it is not Thursday 9th?
snow report
Eh oh! i have honestly thought all day that it was Thursday 9th! And have been checking flights since this morning.
latest report
Nothing up this morning?
latest report
Flights are up and ready to be booked now. Just done mine.
ski holidays
Up on the app now, not necessarily on the website.
ski holidays
Handy Turnip wrote:

not for me - what route did you book ?
ski holidays
Use app , not on website yet
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
melandnick wrote:
Handy Turnip wrote:

not for me - what route did you book ?

As mentioned, I used the app not the website.

I booked Gatwick to Geneva
latest report
They are up on the website.
The days of cheap flights are over. Seems most now start at around £40 each way
snow conditions
Gored wrote:

or 400 each way for february half term Crying or Very sad
latest report
Picked up the January weekend flights from Manchester to Geneva for £73 return with no extras. Or course by the time I’ve booked a snowboard bag and carry on it’ll be three times that but still a decent enough price.
snow report
I normally go at Easter, it's our first half term trip, so hard to get a guage on value. We picked up Gatwick to Geneva return (10-17th Feb) at the times we wanted, for £360 each, even when we booked at 6am ish. I can see the same flights are now over £500.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 9-03-23 9:15; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
Yes they've gone up a bit on previous years, but I think that's reasonable given inflation and fuel cost increases.
ski holidays
I booked a flight from Gatwick to Basel flying out just after Xmas for myself and two others for a trip to Wengen over the New Year. Return total for the three of us was £506.27 (£168.76 per person) with 3 checked 23 kg hold bags and 1 20kg ski bag, which isn't too bad.
latest report
melandnick wrote:
Gored wrote:

or 400 each way for february half term Crying or Very sad

I booked EasyJet flights to Milan this morning for Feb half term. 6 seats at c£140/head. Once I add luggage that will come out around £200/head which both seems reasonable and similar to previous years. We always fly on the Friday not least to get an extra days skiing, saving about £55/head on the way out which will be more than eaten up by the cost of accommodation that night and the extra day on ski passes. Sat to Sat would still have been very reasonable imv.
ski holidays
The half term prices Shocked My god! Post Christmas trip for 3 from London to Venice came in at £352 without checked in luggage. Would usually fly to Innsbruck but prices were significantly more. No half term for us - will probably put our Virgin club miles to good use and go across the pond at Easter now Toofy Grin

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 9-03-23 10:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Is it just me or is the difference between school holidays and non-school holidays significantly worse than a several years ago? Not just easyjet but looking at BA and other airlines? I wondered if this season was a knee jerk to pandemic years creating higher demand but this is travelling through to next season
snow conditions
stellaps wrote:
The half term prices Shocked My god! Post Christmas trip for 3 from London to Venice came in at £352 without checked in luggage. Would usually fly to Innsbruck but prices were significantly more. No half term for us - will probably go across the pond at Easter now Toofy Grin

Ive just cancelled the 2k Gatwick-Salzburg flights I booked this morning and rebooked Ryanair to Nuremberg and saved £1300 ! Wish Id checked that option earlier and saved the cancellation fee .
Will hire a car and adds an extra 2 1/2 hours on the drive
ski holidays
@NickyJ, The flights I booked seemed to be broadly similar to other years for Feb half term and quite reasonable. That said I booked EasyJet and didn't even look at BA etc.

Worth saying that some years I have been a bit lazy and missed the early booking window. But prices have fluctuated both up and down even for the Feb half term, so by keeping an eye on it I have always managed to get reasonably priced flights. There is a definite rhythm to flight bookings that airlines take advantage of, many recognising that there are a volume of people that will book very early for peak dates so some airlines set quite high fares for those dates initially but actually bring them down a bit later on. It's all a bit of a game!

Anyway I am happy with £140/head return for Feb half term (still to add luggage so more like £200 in the end).

Upfront seats continue to be much more expensive than in the past. We might skip them this time as tbh I got no advantage at all this year. Edinburgh there was no priority check-in available, and a 5 min queue anyway. Milan was fully self-check-in with a shorter entrance for EasyJet Pluys (that anyone could just have used) and again 5 min queue. We don't need the large cabin bag thing, normally the kids are just taking small rucksacks each which fit under the seat. Always the risk off ski boots in hold luggage not arriving, but has not happened to us yet in multiple years of multiple trips/year.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy