Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

April easter drive

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any suggestions other than the two i have already considered (Carroz and Clusaz) for an easter 5 day trip. Ideally not much further time wise than these 2 x resorts, but looking for somewhere that has a small town and also green slopes that can be walked to easily. Appreciate this is harder in April as some of the resorts will need a gondola to get to better snow but any other considerations? Thanks !
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Unless there's a major change in the weather Easter skiing will be poor in places like Les Carroz and La Clusaz and neither has access to high skiing, really. You might have to drive to the Tarentaise. It's not a very busy time, and if you're driving, no need to make arrangements now. I'd leave it for a few weeks and see how it goes.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Kton2002, Val Thorens or Kaprun would be my suggestion this Easter.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks - have booked something on a flexible basis as yes i agree looks like conditions are not great currently, but with 6 x weeks to go am hoping there is a change in the weather and a decent amount of snow in the coming weeks.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Kton2002, or take hiking boots and camera, great place to be - the Alps in spring as good as any other time!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ha, not sure the children and wife would be too pleased with a 10 hour drive to simply go hiking....! But i like the idea! I have been lucky in Clusaz in April a few years ago, was some fresh snow and conditions were fine for me. But the issue is trying to find accomodation that is easily cancelled. currently what i have booked can only be cancelled til beginning of March. So may need to cancel it and re-book nearer the time if conditions are ok
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You could stay in Les carroz and take the gondola down if conditions are poor. Alternatively stay just up the road in Flaine where the snow on the high north facing slopes is usually good in April.
les Saisies fits your criteria in terms of green runs but only goes up to 2100 whereas the top of Flaine is 2500.
In a normal year any of these places would be ok in the first week of April but I think more snow will be needed in March for them to be good this April
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Kton2002,
Where you driving from?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wouldn't arc 2000/1950/1800 be a better option. Not much further and much better odds of having a good week. Was loads of availability with free cancellation up to a week before last time I looked. That is where I would be going if I didn't have a job on.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wait until last minute and then book accommodation according to the conditions.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Driving from Reading, so 2 hours to tunnel and plan to stop on route for a night. I’ll take a look at other resorts too, thanks for the suggestions folks
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There won't be green slopes to walk to in Les Carroz at this time of year (unless some snow miracle happens). Your better bet as others suggested is to drive to Flaine, where it will be possible (unless some snow disaster happens)
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kton2002 wrote:
Driving from Reading, so 2 hours to tunnel and plan to stop on route for a night. I’ll take a look at other resorts too, thanks for the suggestions folks

Plenty of snow sure resorts 10 hours drive from Channel. Even easier drive with a stop end route.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy