Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations for ski hire Tignes Le Lac?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello!

I am off to Tignes Le Lac (specifically Hotel Le Taos) in a couple of weeks and at the minute I am hiring ski's through the hotel. AlpinResorts is cheaper but I am lost at the number of shops available through it. Any recommendations for particular ski shops in Tignes Le Lac, preferably close to Le Taos?

Also recommendations on which level ski I should go for as a rusty but capable skier (when I get going) with about 4 weeks experience behind me? Or will the store take into account my experience?

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You could look at Tignes Spirit. As for skis, probably go for one level up from Basic ie. Intermediate.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My sons works in Tignes spirit - they are competitive in price and their kit is good quality. They will come to your accommodation though there is a fee for smaller groups.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you both for your recommendation Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another recommendation for Tignes Spirit (it took me weeks before I noticed the pun). IIRC they do a substantial SCGB discount (40%, from memory), which depending on the length of your trip might make jointing worthwhile if you're not already a member.

Pretty good pizza in the joint next door, too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@sambodays, If you want something close to the hotel then you have 2 options just down the hill. Vallon Blanc is on the same street. And Intersport have a shop next door to the Escale Blanc, which is on the corner at the bottom of the hill.

Have a look at the Le Lac webcam on www.tignes.net and you can see the shops and the street up to your hotel.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Doesn't Taos have an in-house ski hire shop? Am staying there in April.

Could imagine a local shop may offer better value perhaps?

===

Added... just re read the OP... Pretty much as you've already said
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have always had good luck with Olivier Duch (email is duch.sports@orange.fr) at his own shop, Duch Sports / Skimium. Equipment is good, staff is knowledgeable, prices are competitive. He replies quickly to emails and can discuss your needs and give you a quote that way.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks everyone for your recommendations. I think I will be looking at Tignes Spirit, as I've just booked some ski lessons that offer a discount with them Smile

@Adam123 yes they do and I was originally going to go with them, they're very expensive though!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy