Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Old snowboards - what to do with them?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a Palmer Honey Circle with Burton bindings and a K2 Zeplin 158. Both from 2005-2007 vintage. No idea what do with old equipment. Other than the dump…any ideas? Both usable
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Make a bench... Put them on display on a wall... Wine rack.. Donation to a local hill/dry slope?

Might still get 20-40 quid a pop for someone looking for a project to do one of the above on Gumtree etc. Not familiar with SB's to say if they might even be collectors items..
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Charity shop them - then they will probably eBay. Or put them up yourself with low start price, and list as early season rock/shark tankers so they will go to Scotland...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Think charity shop is best bet. If I had room to hang them I might!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Make a bench

https://www.google.com/search?q=snowboard+bench
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Depending on the graphics, I've seen a snowboard made into a light for the garage/workshop/man cave.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I’ve made a couple of coat racks out of them and have a chairlift in my garden overlooking the beach so have knocked up a nice table out of old boards to go with it Very Happy perfect beer drinking spot Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@hang11, I want a chairlift in our garden for a seat, Mrs 996 not so sure
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonny996 wrote:
@hang11, I want a chairlift in our garden for a seat, Mrs 996 not so sure

Just ask McLarens on the Corner for one of their spares? Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have seen some great chairs and benches over the years made from both skis and snowboards. Sometimes wall decor, but I can't think of much else:)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Seen quite a tolerable downlighter ceiling light made from a snowboard. Suppose it really depends on whether they're both enough of a looker to warrant becoming something else... Or you can always put them on eBay, and they'll probably go - you can always put whatever the profit is to DSUK straight from eBay - better than just finding an unattended skip.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
On skimming through the Thread titles, I thought it said - "Old Snowheads - What to do with them"?

Now there's a topic! Skullie

Held together with a wing and a prayer and a determination not to "give in" - is what keeps many of us going.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Old Fartbag, in either case, stand by my suggestion - shove a bulb in them or eBay
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@Old Fartbag, in either case, stand by my suggestion - shove a bulb in them or eBay

I agree with the latter; but we don't have enough energy to power the former - Now if hot air was an asset... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A buddy of mine is cutting skateboards out of them, they are generally flexi/pump type longboards but the construction of a snowboard makes for an interesting deck...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy