Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

last min booking

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
am going to book somewhere tomorrow with cgh residences, they seem to have plenty of availability..... normally go high (tignes) but for a change thought about porte du soleil / grand massif or possibly somewhere in france...... then i saw issues with temp which with no base due to rain earlier in the season, should i avoid and go high again or am i worrying about nothing..... skiing doesn't need to be challenging as will be with two young children etc..... thoughts ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ajc2260626, if going with two young children...

#1 Conditions will be fine - I believe it's been pretty cold during this dry spell and even at 8 degrees at lower stations/runs things will hold up.

#2 Maybe go to a smaller ski area - you don't the kms and it will be cheaper.

#3 Any particular reason for CGH?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Layne, we like cgh as they all have pools and are generally put together well etc, but we (the kids) like a pool.....i like to sit in the hot tub LOL

yep happy with small area, st foy we have done and thats pretty small...... i was considering chapel abondance?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ajc2260626, fair enough, I stayed in one once in Les Menuires - the pool was OK but not a deal breaker for us. But I get it.

I don't know the PdS so couldn't say on Abondance.

Looking at where CGH have residences... I've heard good things about Les Gets and Les Saisses so maybe take a look at those.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What does "last minute" mean in this context? I wouldn't make any bookings for France before 4 March when the very busy French school holiday period finishes.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I assumed @ajc2260626, meant this weekend given he was talking about the prevailing weather conditions and having young children but that was probably presumptuous.

@ajc2260626, can you enlighten us?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hey @pam w, we leave tomorrow Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ajc2260626, I do admire your bravado in last minute booking Laughing Laughing

Seemed to be plenty of availability when I searched a few minutes ago. Not sure how the prices are stacking up to what you would expect?

I always book direct these days - iirc I paid about 800 Euros for an apartment in Les Coches last HT (but no pool obv.)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Layne, ive never done it this way before...... but i thought that prices might drop only some have, being offered some good deals but all on to big apts so far
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ajc2260626, you're driving, presumably? Yes, I think Les Saisies would suit you well but it's as busy as other French places during these weeks. If you come up with any good prices for LS I'd be happy to give swift feedback on location etc. Presumably you won't be needing ski school?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Take a look at CGZh in Val Cenis, plenty of high skiing if you worried on conditions though snow is holding up well at present. It’s also a nice village and the ski pass gives you access to several other areas within easy reach so you can make the most of the weather by taking in northerly or southerly facing slopes.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I can't see any CGH Residences properties in Chapelle d'Abondance, but the one in Châtel itself is only a year or three old, looks quite nice. It's a 5-10 minute walk uphill to the village, but there's a regular bus service stopping right outside it, which I think can take you straight to Linga and Pre la Joux as well as Châtel itself, but you'd clearly need to check.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy