Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zag FR 75

brian
brian
So I'm needing a new pair of skis and for the amount of skiing I do, can't really justify more than 1 pair. I'm 1.91m/6'3" tall and weigh about 89kg/14 st. Ski to a fairly reasonable standard, and looking to spend time 50/50 on/off piste. I don't change skis often as I like to get a good feel for them and I'm tight Laughing so I want them to last 3 or 4 seasons at least (prob. 15-20 days/season).

Skis I've been thinking about in rough order of want to test:

Stockli Stormrider XL
K2 Apache Recon
Dynastar Legend 8000
Rossi B3

.... but having spotted easiski's recommendation for Zags, I spy a very good deal online on a pair of FR 75s. I've never even seen a pair let alone tested them but in the considered opinion of snowHead s ....

.... worth a punt ? Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A good deal on Zags. thats a rare thing in the uk. The stormriders are some serious skis. Have you thought about next years salomon teneighty gun. Dynastars seem like a good choice though at 50/50 or the recons. Volkl ac3 may be worth a look though next years do seem to be pretty pricey.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brian,

Looks like a pretty good test line-up to me and in that order IMV for what you say you want them for..

The Zag will have to be a very good piste ski to get into the top 2 but I've only seen it from afar.

I agree that the AC3 has the specs to be included to make the 5
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I haven't skied a Zag but I have fondled one or two. I would say that they are even more risky than most skis to buy without trying first. They have a few unusual design features which I expect you either love or hate
snow report
 brian
brian
Hmm, thanks guys, think I'll hang fire.

Actually, not quite as good a price, I forgot about the duty.

They're $398 (£215), including shipping, duty, vat I think it works out as £286.

backcountry.com if anyone's interested.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy