Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Why do most people seemingly think this?

Poster: A snowHead
Weathercam wrote:
So you'd all be happy going out with a non qualified guide into the mountains because he had a PhD in some vaguely related subject and was quite good at people skills rolling eyes

Yeah, that's an exactly appropriate analogy. Applies 100% to the discussion at hand.

rolling eyes
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As opposed to a really impressive strava? Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Weathercam wrote:
So you'd all be happy going out with a non qualified guide into the mountains because he had a PhD in some vaguely related subject and was quite good at people skills rolling eyes
Obviously not. But the answer to a question as silly as that one doesn't add or prove anything meaningful at all.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jmr59, sorry, didn't see your similar observation.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh, and osteopathy is utter pseudoscience, so I'm not convinced that that particular analogy is helpful to your cause, either.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@jmr59, I think if you read back through some of the threads and subjects that have been mentioned over the years you'll see where I was coming from!

The dude in question says he's done a whole load of stuff, which I then question, simple.

Right the bus has finally turned up!

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 15-02-23 19:08; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Weathercam wrote:
@jmr59, I think if you read back through some of the threads and subjects that have been mentioned over the years you'll see where I was coming from!

See my boxing analogy.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@jmr59, mate with 35 posts to your name, I don't give a flying feck about your analogy whereas others on here who I may have differing views with I respect.

For all I know you could be someone who doesn't even ski Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh, so now a person needs lots of posts to have validity too
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@SnoodyMcFlude, Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Weathercam wrote:
@jmr59, mate with 35 posts to your name, I don't give a flying feck about your analogy whereas others on here who I may have differing views with I respect.

For all I know you could be someone who doesn't even ski Laughing

Yet you’re remarkably invested in my going back to read some posts that you’re convinced will make me think you’re right.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Weathercam,
Quote:

and as you're such an elite trainer coach

did he actually say this?

Quote:

@Weathercam, so you're suggesting that someone can only talk with validity on a subject if they can prove that they're capable of performing at a certain level?

@SnoodyMcFlude, in a word, yes.

@SnoodyMcFlude,
Quote:

oh, well you're wrong.

Laughing
Correct.

Mrs G and I have both shot archery to county level. The best coaches are not necessarily the ones that have shot to a high level, but the ones that understand what it is all about. And while I am here, the study of biomechanics I have no doubt has improved every sport it has touched, it most certainly in archery.

@Weathercam, please get off your high horse for once and admit someone who has a different opinion to you might actually know what he's talking about. And also, please can you answer the question intimated before about whether or not you paid for Carv or was it given to you to evaluate?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@gixxerniknik, as I said this has been going on for a while, well before Carv, which yes I was given last season, but never got round to it as it was my OH who reviewed it, make you feel better?

I think the guy is full of BS and I'm merely asking him to prove his credentials, and that's not too difficult to do and would shut me up and amuse some on here.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 15-02-23 19:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Weathercam wrote:

I think the guy is full of BS and I'm merely asking him to prove his credentials, and that's not too difficult to do and would shut me up and amuse some on here.

No you’re not: he’s stated his credentials & you haven’t disputed them. You’ve asked him for proof of something that has as much relevance as photos of his dick.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

which yes I was given to review last season, make you feel better?

much. I think that speaks volumes, thanks.
ski holidays
I have no wish to get embroiled in this argument - but it is my understanding that @Weathercam's issue (rightly or wrongly) is not that border2020 is not a sufficiently competent skier to comment - but that he is not a skier at all. I would also politely suggest that coaches or teachers, who have pupils more talented than they are - are still very familiar and experienced with the specific area that they are teaching.

As for what my view is...

http://youtube.com/v/Oz8RjPAD2Jk
ski holidays
Weathercam wrote:
... The dude in question says he's done a whole load of stuff, which I then question, simple...
No, that's not what happened. You lost an argument with one poster and you reacted badly.
Then you lashed out rudely to a few other posters who pointed out where you were going wrong.
That behaviour seemed rather odd.

Weathercam wrote:
... Carv, which yes I was given to review last season, make you feel better?
Ah, now it seems less odd. That's the dishonesty behind all this.
It made no sense that someone would start spamming multiple threads with Carv marketing, or react so aggressively when people laughed at the absurdity of it.
I'm minded to take that up with the supplier and this forum - I didn't know I was reading advertising, and I don't like being tricked.
snow report
@phil_w,

I had to check out his website to find out he is a "journalist"....say's it all really!
ski holidays
@Old Fartbag,
Quote:

I would also politely suggest that coaches or teachers, who have pupils more talented than they are - are still very familiar and experienced with the specific area that they are teaching.
That is a fair point.
snow conditions
gixxerniknik wrote:
@phil_w,

I had to check out his website to find out he is a "journalist"....say's it all really!

He's got 9,367 posts: that's halfway to being a good journalist. For the other half all we need is his Intervals.icu. That's how it works, isn't it?
snow conditions
@jmr59,
Quote:

He's got 9,367 posts: that's halfway to being a good journalist.

I think it just means he talks (types) a lot!

A lot of Sun/Mirror/etc reporters type a lot but are they good journalists? (Spoiler...my father in law was a journalist for BBC World Service and Reuters, I have nothing against good journalists.)
ski holidays
So if any female member says you're talking b0ll0cks, it wouldnt be valid because they don't have any?
latest report
adithorp wrote:
So if any female member says you're talking b0ll0cks, it wouldnt be valid because they don't have any?

If only. Toofy Grin
snow report
adithorp wrote:

Chapeau
snow conditions
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
adithorp wrote:

Chapeau

Not a valid comment unless you can prove you speak fluent French.
snow report
adithorp wrote:

Which you can only do by sharing your Intervals.icu & having sufficiently many posts.
snow report
@gixxerniknik, @phil_w as far as I'm aware there's nothing saying I'm a journalist, unless the OH did that?!

And @phil_w, get your feckin facts right, there have been threads on Carv before the New Styles thread that I never contributed to, unlike Boarder2000, and if you read that you'd see that it was a reflective post more on the new style of skiing and I only vaguely mentioned how I'd been using Carv to achieve that, nought wrong with that, and then his nibs weighed in yet again.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 16-02-23 9:17; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
This thread has become very shouty, have drinks been taken on a school night? Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can someone devise a Carv with keyboard inserts that track how much the keys are being tapped or slammed during an online discussion?

Just a thought.
snow conditions
@Orange200, probably already a Strava plug-in...
ski holidays
adithorp wrote:
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
adithorp wrote:

Chapeau

... and also a milliner.
snow report
@Weathercam, I never once claimed to be a good athlete, or a coach of any kind. I have helped a few friends and family at the very recreational end of things, which I guess makes me an expert according to your definitions, but id disagree.

I thought just to shut you up I'd post my intervals.icu. Was surprised to see I'd actually already shown you it in the upload of photos I'd uploaded when you originally called me a liar - https://tourdeweathercam.imgbb.com/

I've added this years training to date as the first photo. Nothing impressive, but yes I do implement the science in my training - 2 sessions per week at or above LT2 and the rest below LT1. It's perhaps a bit misleading as the zone 3 time is predominantly a single 1 hour sweet spot interval I did for a bit of variety. I tend to avoid z3 even though it has its uses.

I still think that all has zero to do with anything else though. Your head would explode if you knew how many nurses smoke, dieticians are overweight, and doctors don't exercise.

It is weird how defensive you are of carv, but perhaps the fact you clearly have some kind of relationship with the company for them to send you it makes that more understandable. It would have been nice of you'd been more open about that. Fwiw me and most of the others who have criticised carv have pointed out it has some good things and there is certainly potential to use it to improve. However, only measuring pressure at the foot has some big disadvantages, which you refuse to accept.
snow conditions
OuatteDePhoque wrote:
adithorp wrote:
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
adithorp wrote:

Chapeau

... and also a milliner.

Thought I had all bases covered in skiing with, variously, paramedic, policeman, policewoman (for balance you'll understand) sport rehab physio, farmer, banker (plural, but be careful with that one Very Happy ) carpenter, electrician, tiler, solicitor, radiologist, pilot, teacher, cabbie, jeweller but never a hatter. Must be slacking Laughing
ski holidays
boarder2020 wrote:
I thought just to shut you up I'd post my intervals.icu.

I have a prediction.
snow conditions
boarder2020 wrote:

I still think that all has zero to do with anything else though. Your head would explode if you knew how many nurses smoke, dieticians are overweight, and doctors don't exercise.

There lies the fundamental difference between the two.

I wonder how @Weathercam accept the fact most doctors never personally had the illness/injuries they treat! It’s all “book learning”, calibrated only by the feedback from the subjects being treated/helped/studied.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy