Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Livigno - DIY trip without a car

Poster: A snowHead
Can it be done? I can't work out how to arrange a transfer independently. Any suggestions?

Thanks! Liam
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lrx28,

Where are you flying into?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not sure yet - I've been looking at Zurich and Milan

Liam
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bergamo is the usual airport for Livigno, but it's a long way.

I don't think there are any scheduled bus services, as it's so remote.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lrx28,

Hire Car? 3-4 hours from Bergammo.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnboy wrote:
lrx28,

Hire Car? 3-4 hours from Bergammo.

That would be WITH a car then wink

Actually, car hire at Bergamo is very cheap in comparison to other airports. Try easyautos.com (not easyjet car hire) they are very good.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Liam,

Try this link It give you the bus timetables and other options.
http://www.aptlivigno.it/lingua.jsp?lingua=ENG
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks everyone for your advice. Yes I'd love a rental car, but I can't drive! L
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lrx28 wrote:
Thanks everyone for your advice. Yes I'd love a rental car, but I can't drive! L

Don't let small things like that get in the way....You'd be in good company.....it is Italy after all wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
lrx28 wrote:
I can't drive! L

Plenty of time between now and next winter to learn.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
lrx28, SkiHoppa http://ski.resorthoppa.com/ is the place to try. There is a bus but you'll need to wait for next year's schedule to be posted. Some of the TO's used to take transfer bus bookings, you'll need to contact those TOs directly. And lastly, going back a few years, it used to be possible (but very risky) to bung the transfer rep a wedge to put you on a bus with their crowd . . . but it's not something I'd recommend you count on. Confused
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lrx28, according to www.livigno.com/en/cultura/conoscere/notizie_generali/collegamenti2.htm you can do it by train and bus, but rather you than me.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
or, you can take a train to Sondrio, and after with bus to Livigno. I`m not sure, that train goes to Bormio, but for sure, to Sondrio, and after with public bus. And from Bergamo airport you have to take bus to Bergamo city center, there is a train station Smile So, all day for getting to Livigno! Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The OP has probably got there by now wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Laughing
snow report
Monarch fly into Friedrichafen in S Germany and have rentals in Livigno, (200km) that's what I am doing.
May be worth a look and try and scrounge a transfer off them - I went to St Anton with them last year via Friedrichafen and the bus was half empty (½ term week !)

Getting this year's holiday sorted involved quite a bit of e-mail ping pong and they were spot on.

Zurich 195km
Milan 220 km
ski holidays
Ha I only just noticed the date of the original post !

ah well, all good info

Why did @Edzjus dig up that post from 2006 ?? Puzzled
latest report
haha, sorry, I didnt see year Smile any way, hopw this info is needed Smile wiating for snow Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy