Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Staying in Arc 1800. Lessons in 2000. Looking for advice pls

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Booked Evo 2 in Les Arcs in a rush as I was heading out of the door this afternoon. Got my confirmation email and realised I've booked Arc 2000, not 1800 which is where we are staying.

I've just spoken to them and 2000 recommended cancelling with them for a refund and rebooking with 1800.

However, they work on different schedules and we'd booked them for afternoons. 1800 would be mornings. I quite fancy the thought of a less frantic morning, and longer lesson time in the afternoon, so I'm not sure I want to change it after all.

How much of a faff is it to get from 1800 to 2000? And back again at gone 5pm?

Lessons run 2-5 so we've got the whole day to get there really, but I'm concerned about getting back at the end of the day.

If its a pain, I'll absolutely cancel and rebook.

Children are 9 and 11.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not bad if lift operating times are OK.

Bois d l Ours, lift 31 will get you from just below 2000/1950 villages straight to ridge in one hit, then you're on the 1800 side (ridge dividing the two areas) for a gentle ski down into 1800 on Blue piste, no other lifts are necessary.

As long as you get in that last lift time (need to check for that week) then it's really easy.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Owlette, just bear in mind that in April the slopes will potentially start to soften considerably in the afternoon. Typically conditions start a little icy, are perfect about 10-1pm and then soften more and more in afternoon.

Our kids have lessons in the morning - then we do a few runs with them over lunch when the slopes are quiet, then have a late lunch in the sun, then a few more runs before generally finishing up about 3.30-4pm if it's getting too soft and the runs are starting to be a become a bit of a slushy mess!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's an excellent point. Okay, thank you.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have emailed them to cancel as the thought of slushy pistes or rushing for the last lift wasn't enticing.

Mr. O took it well. Just rolled his eyes at me. I suspect I'm not the first to do that.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Owlette, I do think that's probably a sensible decision.

Quote:
Mr. O took it well. Just rolled his eyes at me. I suspect I'm not the first to do that

Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Basically if you finish at 5 in 2000 you have a drink then catch the navette on to 1600 and onwards to 1800. It is not a problem. Though usually I ski down to pre St esprit to catch the bus.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The navettes run quite late but not quite late enough for dinner at the taj-i-mah
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Personally speaking I think Owlette has absolutely made the right decision. There’s no way I’d want to be getting the buses from 2000 to 1800 every day, it’s a headache that can be easily done without. Also as said morning lessons work better. Good call imo.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Must admit I see it the opposite, perhaps familiarity with LA is strongly influencing this.

The snow conditions are what ever you get temperature wise, think if low/progressing skills it would be good to be with the instructor for the value that gives, both in aquiring skills and in their guidance for suitable piste in that afternoon session.

All it would need really is for the instructor to get you all onto that lift and finish the lesson there or at the top if possible to facilitate. Worth discussing I'd feel. You've still got to ski (well hopefully want to ski) in the afternoon even if you've lessons in the morning.

Still, if @Owlette, you've not visited, then its a great place to ski with family, so many different aspects to it in relatively compact area, brilliant to get around.

I'm very enthusiastic about LA and hope you have a really good time there anyway, my teenagers absolutely loved it when 13 and 16 at first visit.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ski3 wrote:
Must admit I see it the opposite, perhaps familiarity with LA is strongly influencing this.

The snow conditions are what ever you get temperature wise, think if low/progressing skills it would be good to be with the instructor for the value that gives, both in aquiring skills and in their guidance for suitable piste in that afternoon session.

All it would need really is for the instructor to get you all onto that lift and finish the lesson there or at the top if possible to facilitate. Worth discussing I'd feel. You've still got to ski (well hopefully want to ski) in the afternoon even if you've lessons in the morning.

Still, if @Owlette, you've not visited, then its a great place to ski with family, so many different aspects to it in relatively compact area, brilliant to get around.

I'm very enthusiastic about LA and hope you have a really good time there anyway, my teenagers absolutely loved it when 13 and 16 at first visit.

They're children's group lessons, so I wouldn't be able to influence where the lesson ends. Though I absolutely see your point.

Definitely did not want to be faffing about with a bus. One of our requirements when we book somewhere is no bus, so I'd have kicked myself to have booked easily accessible accommodation but then still need to get a bus because of a clerical error on my part.

Very excited about going to Les Arcs and have been studying the piste map. Definitely want to ski in the afternoon. Up until now the children have done full day lessons, but at Christmas we're keen to ski with us once lessons finished. Unfortunately, because it was Christmas and got dark early, it wasn't possible to do anything other than the nursery with them at the end of the day, so we all wanted half days this time, to give us more time to explore together. Les Arcs looks like a fantastic place to do that.

I know about Foret Pitchouns, but anywhere else we should check out? Both love little jumps and tunnels.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That's an excellent area over there FP that you've mentioned. That whole sector from top to bottom is fantastic for a family to have fun in, broad piste all down through trees, plenty of lifts etc and ideal.

There's usually a playground right in the middle of 1800 with virtually dedicated litttle bubble called Mile8 for them to keep running that course. Last we were there, had a giant airbag too for sit down on rubber ring shute out onto airbag, which was a big hit with ours.
Newer pool complex right there too for convenience.

Where are you staying in 1800 ? There's usually so much to do there.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Résidence Ruitor.

Just been familiarising myself via Street View on Googlemaps.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thats in Charmettoger area just a short walk into main commercial centre, they're all pretty close and so convenient.

Think there's ways to ski in, we've stayed a few times just above that one and could ski right into boot room. Kids may like the nadgery twists and turns through the trees, whether Mr O will appreciate may be another matter Very Happy

Nothing there is far one from another in the 1800 village, so all good in that aspect. Its only a 5 min walk to centre from anywhere in reality.

Worth asking in reception if they've got parking ticket machine. You get entry ticket on arrival to 1800, some time to unload then remove vehicle to parking just outside the gate for free (sounds onerous and wasn't originally like this) but not too bad. Stored inside that boundary for the week will be a cost, unsure what that is currently, but some original properties there have rights that cancel this I understand (used last time) that the reception can facilitate if in operation, so worth asking.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy