Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pram skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey folks, got a trip coming up in a couple months and the wee man is still going to be a bit small to drag on a sledge. Has anyone had any experience with skis that you can mount on buggy wheels?

I'm not looking to take him down the slopes Eh oh! Just push around the resort.
Cheers!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You wont need them in resort- I speak as someone who DESPERATELY wanted to use them when my eldest was a baby but there was no need in town, even in heavy snow. I had a 3 wheeler mountain buggy - little 4 wheelers may struggle, but depending when you go and where and how ling ‘a few months’ is i’d say its going to be a waste. Is he too small for a baby sledge?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Why not just take a sling?

Look at Close Caboo and Rose and Rebellion for some great buckled carriers than can be used from birth and maintain the correct position for baby and you (your back will thank you).

How old is he?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Owlette wrote:

Look at Close Caboo and Rose and Rebellion for some great buckled carriers than can be used from birth and maintain the correct position for baby and you (your back will thank you).

How old is he?

While they have obvious attraction for normal use, I'd be a little careful as if you go down, then so does the baby in sketchy grip scenario.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
You wont need them in resort- I speak as someone who DESPERATELY wanted to use them when my eldest was a baby but there was no need in town, even in heavy snow. I had a 3 wheeler mountain buggy - little 4 wheelers may struggle, but depending when you go and where and how ling ‘a few months’ is i’d say its going to be a waste. Is he too small for a baby sledge?

Same here regarding buggy, "Mountain Buggy" used too, OK around Avoriaz with wheels handling surface (I doubt as good as a ski would, if available) but generally usable without modification. Even have some video of skiing pushing it there, somewhere. Went up in cable car from Ardent to Avoriaz village, plus around Les Gets too.

Ski shops sometimes hire snow/push chairs too that I've seen often in use by pedestrian around village snow front family interaction etc.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 5-02-23 17:17; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ski3 wrote:
Owlette wrote:

How old is he?

While they have obvious attraction for normal use, I'd be a little careful as if you go down, then so does the baby in sketchy grip scenario.

I had the same thought.

We used a cheap, light, foldup Buggy - which would struggle in deeper snow - but we managed. Ideally, one of those 3 wheelers would be much better.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I’m sure they’ll take a carrier if their little one likes them. But sometimes you don't want to carry them about - like when eating, and a buggy is needed
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
He's going to be close to six months but has shown little inclination for sitting up by himself as yet!

The pram we have is a fairly chunky beast, great for rough terrain as long as its firm but it hates anything that it can sink into so I'm not sure how well it'd cope with softer snow.

It is a very fair point though that if pram pusher falls over then it could be a disaster if the pram continues moving...!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
irishz wrote:
He's going to be close to six months but has shown little inclination for sitting up by himself as yet!

The pram we have is a fairly chunky beast, great for rough terrain as long as its firm but it hates anything that it can sink into so I'm not sure how well it'd cope with softer snow.

It is a very fair point though that if pram pusher falls over then it could be a disaster if the pram continues moving...!

Coil leash? Like snowboards of olde and surfboards?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@irishz, most resorts have an intersport or similar that hires out Mountain Buggys
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Unless you need to take the pram across the snow at the nursery slope because of another child we found our normal small wheeled one was fine. The resort centres were generally snow free and we always meet at restaurants by the top gondola station so only a short distance to drag across the snow.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We used to use slings, or occasionally borrow a push-chair from where we were staying, but then we used to use Espirit/Ski Familie etc so they had them.

The leash thing is a good idea, but don't forget to attach it LOW on the buggy and yourself - if you do fall there's no point in the leash being on your wrist if you are taking a trip to the ground or the buggy and Jnr will be following you!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The only time I saw a buggy with skis (on the front wheels) in Les Saisies last week, was on a 'pisted' walking track, of which there are many in Les Saisies. Otherwise, as others have said, people were using larger-wheeled 'mountain buggies'. These were also available to hire, as can be seen outside this shop: https://en.lessaisies.com/ducrey-sports-balcons-du-mont-blanc-bisanne-1500.html#thaut
I don't know how widespread this is - we were looking as 'interested grandparents'!
Maybe worth a call or email to the Tourist Office in the resort?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers for all the thoughts folks.

The missus ended up getting

these from mybuggybuddy.

Leash on the bottom as suggested and they work incredibly well. Les arcs has had a few dumps of snow over the last week or so and these things make it a breeze.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looks like an Uppababy - are you selling them on afterwards Very Happy
Otherwise, thanks for the name of the website.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy