Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommend a Resort Near Salzburg Airport

Poster: A snowHead
Self employed & working shifts - not the best for fitting in a ski trip, but we are trying our best! 6 nights: 7th-13th March is the current aim. The dates don't give me many flight options (in Scotland) so an indirect flight with BA to Salzburg is a favoured option at the moment.
We're both experienced skiers (25+ years), mostly on piste (I worry more about falling these days!)
Last couple of trips - Saalbach (which I loved), Kitzbuhel (not so much, sorry!) Where else would you recommend? Thanks Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski Welt area - Westendorf or Ellmau
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mayrhofen. A couple of hours by road or two and a half by train.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd look at somewhere in the Ski Amade, Wagrain, Flachau, Altenmarkt, Radstadt. Gives you access to plenty of skiing.

Plus you have access on the lift pass to all the areas, 760km of pistes.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Zell am See/Kaprun or Ski Amade.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
swskier wrote:
I'd look at somewhere in the Ski Amade, Wagrain, Flachau, Altenmarkt, Radstadt. Gives you access to plenty of skiing.

Plus you have access on the lift pass to all the areas, 760km of pistes.

This. €60 euro return shared transfer per person. Flachau is 50mins from Salzburg and is connected by lift and bus if you want to Wagrain/alpendorf and Flachauwinkl/zauchensee
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@malarkey99, if you dont fancy going back to Saalbach then the Ski Amade area is the obvious choice. Really easy to get to from Salzburg with a wide variety of areas to choose from, Flachau is the easiest access from Salzburg and just about the largest "village", I like Zauchensee which is set in it own bowl at the bottom of the pistes (has a bit of a "French" feel about it) though is a slightly longer transfer and probably less choice with accommodation.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@malarkey99, Flachau, no brainer. Very Happy But if you can shift a week to the right, you could also benifit from the "Ladies Week" packages. Worth a look. Linky thing here: https://www.skiamade.com/en/Accommodation/Special-Weeks/Ladies-Week
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
@malarkey99, Flachau, no brainer. Very Happy But if you can shift a week to the right, you could also benifit from the "Ladies Week" packages. Worth a look. Linky thing here: https://www.skiamade.com/en/Accommodation/Special-Weeks/Ladies-Week

Wish I could shift the week, free ski pass & free ski guiding! What’s not to like? Flachau is deffo looking a good option as can find decent accommodation for our awkward dates Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@malarkey99, let us know what accommodation abd we can advise Re location
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@malarkey99, Drop me a message when you get here and if I'm not working I'll show you around if you buy lunch! Off for an Apres Beer with @holidayloverxx, so don't expect any coherent replies tonight. Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Interesting definitions of "near" here - Mayrhofen is 40 minutes from Innsbruck, but 2.5 hours from Salzburg. If Mayrhofen floats your boat and Innsbruck is not an option, I'd fly to Munich instead on a scheduled Lufthansa flight and take the train, but in that case Skiwelt is closer and just as good.

Flachau every time for me - 45 minutes in a hire car, on good valley roads which are dual carriageway all the way, and then access to a huge area with lots of options for any type of skier. Or train to Altenmarkt and a taxi for the last few miles.

From Scotland, flights via Schiphol or Frankfurt may be a better option than BA via Heathrow. Skyscanner is your friend.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Obertuern ...lots of accomodation and a reasonable time from Salzburg airport

https://habersatter-reisen.com/..................they go to Flachau as well
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another +1 for Flachau. Zauchensee would also be on my list of possibles to consider.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@malarkey99, Drop me a message when you get here and if I'm not working I'll show you around if you buy lunch! Off for an Apres Beer with @holidayloverxx, so don't expect any coherent replies tonight. Very Happy

Oi! Blah blah blah..you're the one who said noch ein mal...twice Laughing
snow report
I had a great time in Flachau a few years ago, with a very quick transfer from Salzburg, so happy to endorse this.
If you struggle with accommodation, you could look at the Gastein Valley. It’s a bit further but on the train line, has plenty of skiing along the valley and seems to always have plenty of well priced accommodation available
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:

Oi! Blah blah blah..you're the one who said noch ein mal...twice Laughing

Laughing Laughing ….we’ve all been there Toofy Grin
latest report
Narrowed it down to 2 apartments & one hotel in Flachau that will take our midweek booking. Hurray! The Flachau website itself was the best for the accommodation search. Prices seem really good Very Happy Watching it dinging it down with snow today & wishing I was there right now!
Any recommendations for transfers from/to Salzburg Airport? Will hire a car if we have to, but would be nice to avoid the faff of it for a change.
latest report
@malarkey99, plenty of taxi companies for private transfers if that works for you, or the bus service is about 1:40 and reliable though you'll have 2-3 changes - see https://fahrplan.oebb.at/webapp/?language=en_US&ulVersion=1.1&context=TP&method=storageRecon&storageId=98147399-7343-46c0-97c0-e5a8175b4054 for an example
latest report
@malarkey99, neutouristik / huber reisen for the shared transfer. €60 return per person. Don't bother with the bus unless savings are important

https://www.neutouristik.at/flughafentransfer/
ski holidays
@malarkey99, I’d also recommend Flachau (even though you’ve already chosen!). We did Flachau to home door to door in a little under 6 hours once which considering you’re sat at an airport for two hours is pretty good going.
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, that was exactly what I was looking for thanks @RedandWhiteFlachau, will def take you up on the tour offer too if you’re off Very Happy
Thank you all for the advice & suggestions!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy