Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New ski opinions - the sequel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Five years ago I made this thread - https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=137688&highlight=

I ended up getting the BC Navis with Shifts and have loved them dearly since. Since that time, we've moved back from Chamonix to the UK (Scotland). I took the Navis in for a service the other day and the very helpful Scott at Blues in Leith told me that they're nearing the end of their life and have only got another couple of base grinds left in them.

They don't owe me anything and I've used and abused them heavily over the past several seasons so while it'll be sad when they go, it'll be with my blessing.

HOWEVER, this does mean I'm starting to think about replacing them. Prior to this, I was already in the market for a dedicated Scottish touring ski (something like the Scott Superguide 95) and this has thrown a spanner in the works. Do I accept I now live in Scotland, not Chamonix and get a narrower more touring focussed ski or do I refuse to go quietly into that good night and replace my Navis with a similar all-mountain occasional tourer. Or do I whack both on the plastic and let it be future me's problem...

Assuming I want another similar ski my criteria are thus: 100-110mm underfoot, sub 2kg per ski, fun, directional-but-not-too-directional (I'm not gonna get a charger at that weight anyway).

Stuff I'm thinking of includes:

Whitedot Altum 104
Line Sick Day 104
Zag Slap 104
The freebird version of my Navis (means I wouldn't have to get new skins)
Atomic Bent 100 (I have the 120s and refuse to sell them even though I clearly should as I love them so much. twin-tipped, centre mounted,super fatties - whoda thunk it!)

My opportunities for testing are essentially nil so I'm gathering data. Any and all opinions are welcome!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Meltus,
Quote:

My opportunities for testing are essentially nil

But you live in Scotland! Oh, do you mean procurement of test kit?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Easy answer.... multi ski quiver.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you do want to try and test skis this is probably your best bet

https://themightycoe.com/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
WASHOUT wrote:
Easy answer.... multi ski quiver.

You gonna lend me the money? Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Meltus, Mr P has the Whitedot Altums with ATK touring bindingS…loves them. He’s particularly happy with how they’ve performed on piste, and had a ball on them off piste and for a touring day a couple of weeks ago.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy