Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Villars sur Ollon - thoughts about this resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My husband learnt to ski here in 1985 and really wants to go back. I am concerned that it’s a limited ski area.

Obviously he remembers it in a very different way as he was a 17 year old working in the hotel and having a few hours skiing a day.

Can someone reassure us there’s plenty of skiing there. We now like reds and blues and cruising around not killing our selves. I know it won’t be like the big French resorts. So part of me would prefer a short break, not our main trip.

What’s it like nowadays
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Be interested to know also. I went there around 25 years ago , I seem to remember it being quite limited then, but I was with Club Med who took you where they wanted.... Never did make it all the way over to Les Diablerets.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Villars is a nice resort with plenty of the cruisey stuff. There is is also the link, updated in the last few years to get over to Les Diablerets too, so the area is a good size. Not in the realms of the French supersized areas, but enough to keep you occupied.

Plenty of good lift infrastructure including the train up to Bretaye.

There's the integrated pass too that should get you skiing in Leysin, Les Mosses, and La Lacherette, as well as up on Glacier 3000. Sadly, the Isenau area is no longer operating in Les Diablerets.

CF
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Checkflaps wrote:
Villars is a nice resort with plenty of the cruisey stuff. There is is also the link, updated in the last few years to get over to Les Diablerets too, so the area is a good size. Not in the realms of the French supersized areas, but enough to keep you occupied.

There's the integrated pass too that should get you skiing in Leysin, Les Mosses, and La Lacherette, as well as up on Glacier 3000. Sadly, the Isenau area is no longer operating in Les Diablerets.

CF

The integrated pass sounds interesting. Without a car is it easy to travel between resorts.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lucywuk wrote:
Checkflaps wrote:

CF

The integrated pass sounds interesting. Without a car is it easy to travel between resorts.

Not really easy to Leysin (and the other 2 linked areas), unless you take the train down to Aigle and then back up into Leysin-Feydey. Otherwise, the lifts are quite speedy in Villars, so its not too difficult to get over to Diablerets and back in a day, or up to the Gryon sector.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Villars is a great resort for a short break. Have a look at Alpe Fleurie Hotel - walk straight over the road to the train. Recommended.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy