Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SIM or eSIM in Canada?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I remember looking at sims last time in Canada and they were so expensive we didn't bother. There are these eSims which seem great value. Not really sure how they work. There is a feature or something you need on your phone so they work. Anyone used either esim or sim card in Canada that was good value?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I do have an eSim compatible phone. When I last looked Canadian prices were still pretty expensive and the only stuff available in UK was time-limited PAYG bundles which seems like the wrong concept to me. If I can be bothered I'll maybe check Canadian suppliers who are likely cheaper. It's not going to be massively cheap in Canada, but my own use would be "emergency only", which I can get by paying through the nose on my UK SIM, so if I do anything at all it'd have to be cheaper than that, if you see what I mean.

In practice all the resorts and airports have masses of free wifi.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As @phil_w says, not cheap here. I use a Canadian SIM and am not sure it's good value! Madeye-Smiley
One of the kids PAYG is about $25 per month for Canada wide talk and text (no data) - would cost a fortune to call any UK numbers from it probably.

In case you're going to Whitewater, it doesn't have WiFi or Cell coverage! The kids are unable to cope there! Madeye-Smiley Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok thanks guys. Probably leave them and manage on wifi like last time. Why so expensive in Canada, not as much competition or coverage?

The USA was reasonable but they have this nonsense where you lose minutes for incoming and outgoing calls. Is that still a thing?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just back from Canada and bought a "Lucky" network physical SIM from Walmart, which was $30 for unlimited calls in Canada and 1GB of data (I used 500MB in 2 weeks)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy