Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica enforcer 110 first impressions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
At last, I have managed to ski on my new Enforcer110s that have been sat under my bed for the past 6 weeks, 2 days so far, mainly on piste.
I bought them based on technical specifications and briefly trying the 100s at the Oktobertest.
I'd always skied offpiste on my piste skis, old 2m skinnys then 67 & 76mm carvers before buying some 95s 5 yrs ago wich were better on heavier offpiste snow, I thought skinnys were ok offpiste but realised that I would only go offpiste if it was very light powder, heavier snow that dragged on my legs as the skis sank in was more difficult.
Having tried some wider skis that were disappointing on piste, I set out to find some wider skis that weren't horrible on piste, which, for me, means something that carves a reasonably tight turn with as small a turn radius as possible.
My 95s have a 16m turn radius and carve quite nicely on piste.
On paper, the Enforcer 110s looked good
I chose the 177cm length which is one or two sizes shorter than recommended for my 185cm height and 90kg weight as I wanted the shorter 16.5m turn radius and more responsive ski.

On piste, I have been very impressed with the edge grip, carving them as hard as I can, my legs were giving out before the edges were losing grip, I'm back on my 76mm Head iRallys today and they don't grip the carve as well as the 110s! In gentle carving, the 110s are a little slower from edge to edge & not so easy to ski on just one ski but when pushed to the limit, the 110s give much more confidence in the edge grip. They were pretty quick through the timed slalom course. Conclusion is that the 110s are different to the 76s but just as enjoyable.

I haven't done much offpiste with them yet but they seem to work well, simply lean them over & they turn on the fairly well skied out & heavy chop.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On my way home from the bbwuw & bb double, by the 2nd week I was leaving the iRallys in the locker as the Enforcer 110s were far more fun on piste, allowing me to take my skiing to another level, it was like having extensions to my feet, they were so reliable in edge grip & going where I wanted them to go. The biggest weakness is the 16.5m radius is a bit big for carving on steeper runs without hitting warp speed. Pisted black runs were either super hard work to keep the speed down with short turns or being lazy & side sliding each turn, a heavily mogulled run of any colour would be fabulous.

There was very very limited offpiste, most attempts at going off the side of the piste resulted in loose teeth and the skis pointing back towards the piste after a few seconds.
They did perform very well in the little bit of soft offpiste that Ronald found under the Campolongo chair.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy