Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Menuires parking

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bit of a specific one,

Went to Val Thorens last year by plane (chambery) and loved it. This year for the first time we are driving. Going from the Rotterdam ferry saturday morning 11th, stopping in Lyon and getting up super early to start skiing in Les Menuires Sunday AM.

Understand there is plenty of street parking in the area but I imagine going in the Half term - wife is a teacher - it will be slim pickings and might end up a loooong snowy walk from the hotel (croisette area).

I've seen there is covered parking in croisette but cannot find any info this on any english language sites - no word on availability or price.

Can anyone offer insights?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Think you should ring the LM tourist office.

You're right that there's nothing obvious through Google but as far as I can tell, LM parking is controlled by Valthoparc (the VT parking company) and underground parking in LM is only available to LM residents on a seasonal basis, not tourists. I could be wrong.

Tourist office should be able to confirm one way or another.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Topgeartom, have driven to LM a few times, and there is plenty of free parking around the croisette area, or even the preyerand district, where if you need to you can unload your luggage then park there then get the free pedestrian lift back to your accommodation.

i know there is a covered car park somewhere, i believe it is run by the same company that runs the val thorens car parks, but have never used it
https://valthoparc.axess.shop/fr
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
Understand there is plenty of street parking in the area but I imagine going in the Half term - wife is a teacher - it will be slim pickings and might end up a loooong snowy walk from the hotel (croisette area).
Bergmeister is an expert on free parking in Les Menuires for his Val Thorens visits. He could be along shortly... wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
terrygasson wrote:
https://valthoparc.axess.shop/fr

Yep, that's the website and if you translate the Procedure page it says, "ATTENTION: It is mandatory to be on the list of tenants of the last season (2021/2022)
to obtain a parking space.".

Ring the tourist office. They may have taken some spaces for themselves that they then rent out on a weekly basis - this is what the tourist office does in La Tania with the "residents" car park.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Topgeartom,

Welcome to Snowheads! Very Happy

We use one of the the free, open air car parks near La Masse gondola at Les Menuires. There are 2 car parks - a small one and a larger one. They are both on your right, just after you drive past the lifts at La Masse. The smaller one is immediately before the bridge and the larger one is immediately after you drive under the bridge.

Before we retired we never failed to find a parking spot there at the peak time of New Year week, over several years of visiting. In fact, we never saw the larger car park completely full.

From the car park you can walk down the (fairly flat) piste to the free lift that takes you back to Les Menuires centre.

Remember to take a shovel with you, however, as we have had to did the car out on a few occasions over the years! wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Many thanks for the insightful responses everyone, really helpful.

I emailed the tourist office and they suggested that now Valthoparc operate the bell tower covered parking, it is not possible to pre-book.
The spaces are rented out to the various immo agencies in the town, who may in turn be able to rent a garage/place but availability is unknown.

I'll go in the knowledge there will be street parking available somewhere.

I'm driving down in a 400+hp RWD BMW, so on the advice of this forum I've got winter tyres fitted, snow socks in the boot and a spare pair of underpants ready for immediate action.

Thanks again everyone!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy